Anyone River Cruised With APT Travelmarvel Recently?

1 hour ago, Ladyshopper23 said:

Yikes, those flight times sound horrid! 

Hope you have a great time. If you see a blonde lady with a walking stick  taking photos of food with a ginger Scottish guy, then you've found us (I write a gluten-free travel blog hence the food photos!).  Feel free to say hi. 🙂

Will do.  See you next week. 

• Thanks 1

@bootscooter and @Ladyshopper23 – don't let jet lag cause you to miss the CD's first meeting.  It should include a forecast of the entire trip and details about the shore excursions.  [On our first river cruise, this happened to us!  Luckily there was an in-cabin announcement 15 minutes before the meeting that woke DW up and we were able to throw some clothes on and make the meeting!]

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

@bootscooter and @Ladyshopper23 – don't let jet lag cause you to miss the CD's first meeting.  It should include a forecast of the entire trip and details about the shore excursions.  [On our first river cruise, this happened to us!  Luckily there was an in-cabin announcement 15 minutes before the meeting that woke DW up and we were able to throw some clothes on and make the meeting!]

Thank you so much! We'll definitely be awake for that

15 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Definitely wouldn't miss that. Hopefully our coach transfer won't run into too much traffic, as it isn't leaving Munich airport until 3pm, and I believe it's about 2.5 hours to Nuremberg. 

We won't be getting up anywhere near as early as @bootscooter fortunately - our flight is at 8.40am and we've booked a Heathrow hotel, so can get up at 6am (that is still early for me, but usual for my husband!) and still get to check in with plenty of time to spare.

We then have a 3 hour wait at Munich airport for the transfer, but I'm sure that will pass by swiftly.

• 2 weeks later...

Today is airport hotel day (once my husband finishes work of course!) and flight to Munich tomorrow morning.

Our travel agent has let us know that the transfer has been moved from 3pm to 1pm which is great news, as means we won't be hanging around Munich airport for 3 hours!

Can't wait for our second river cruise. Really hoping the gluten-free food is as good as we experience on Avalon (if anyone has any kind of interest in that, then I wrote it up for my blog which I mention in my signature). As always, have packed some essentials just in case!

Thanks to @notamermaid for all the river updates. Fingers crossed for no river issues. 🙂