NY Steak Salad at Chops - anyone have pic?

I’m having lunch today at Chops and debating on which entree…does anyone have a pic of the NY Steak Salad or know if the steak is hot or chilled when they serve it?

The only steak on the lunch menu is filet, and I prefer ribeye or NY strip.

Thanks!

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

You are having lunch in a few hours and you can’t wait to get to the restaurant and ask your waiter about the entree details??

Yup!  And proud of it!  I’d rather not take the waiter’s valuable time with questions, when one quick picture or answer is all I’m looking for.  It makes the experience more relaxing for me, and reduces the FOMO.  Have a fabulous day!

Edited by nanseev

11 minutes ago, nanseev said:

Yup!  And proud of it!  I’d rather not take the waiter’s valuable time with questions, when one quick picture or answer is all I’m looking for.  It makes the experience more relaxing for me, and reduces the FOMO.  Have a fabulous day!

I don't have a pic, but I hope you get a polite response from someone!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Hmm by the sound of it, it sounds like it is a New York strip, sliced on top of a salad.

I can tell you how it used to be. Not sure if it is still the same. It WAS essentially the filet mignon sliced and placed on top of the salad. Pretty sure I have seen it on YouTube when I have looked upped chops Grill lunch .  It’s one of the primary entrées I’m considering on the Liberty next month for our chops lunch.

edit:   Take a look at this video. At two minutes and 20 seconds she mentions a Caesar salad with the filet mignon on top. Of course you can get the steak done to your likeness.
image.thumb.jpeg.630904ef88e881d70c89a26387181262.jpeg

Edited by The Fun Researcher

2 minutes ago, juanrod said:

Had it twice loved it both times 

IMG_3802.jpeg

Great picture. That looks closer to what the description makes it sound like. That does look like a New York strip rather than a filet mignon on top. Either way, a New York ship is not a terrible cut of steak but not a filet. I am going to personally ask for the fillet placed on top of the salad and see if they will do it:-) after all, you can order the filet on their lunch menu. Just slice that on top of my salad instead of a New York strip.  🙂

• Like 1

I have pre-ordered the lunch salad to eat at dinner since there isn’t a salad entree.

I usually just ask for the fillet alone on a plate and a wedge salad to be served at the same time, which you could do at lunch or at night. 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone!  I ended up getting it - and it was indeed a warm NY strip sliced on top of the salad.  It was very good, and I’d order it again.  Forgot to take a pic though!

• Like 2