Loyalty free nights - how do they work?

Whitby100

14 minutes ago, marinaro44 said:

I think it's a period, not comma, between first and last name.  Erin replied promptly to my email recently.

15 minutes ago, marinaro44 said:

I think it's a period, not comma, between first and last name.  Erin replied promptly to my email recently.

Ok sorry fat fingers. Hopefully @Ayden knew what I meant 

That is very strange. My viewing of post #23 definitely shows the email address as a dot, not a comma as is shown in post #24??  So possibly not a fat fingers issue after all!

"The CEO recognised this expiry issue in her webinar. If you lost nights and it was due to the lack of communication I’d suggest you contact the Loyalty team - the new director is Erin ODonnell. Her email was included in the webinar email (erin.odonnell@azamara.com) and  the message in the webinar was very much please tell us your issues and concerns"

11 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

You have to make a booking using the free nights within a year of reaching a level - here’s the quote from the website FAQs.

Complimentary nights must be used on a new booking made within 12 months following the sailing when the new level was reached. 

Thanks. yes, I do see that. I was mostly wondering how strict that policy is, especially given all the changes that were happening at the time we hit the points threshold. Also, since most of our points were earned on Celebrity, I imagine it's likely a moot point, though I did not see that caveat still listed when this thread inspired me to go look again. 

As for "Clear as mud," I see where @Ayden is coming from. 

Thanks to all. 

2 hours ago, MamaFej said:

Thanks. yes, I do see that. I was mostly wondering how strict that policy is, especially given all the changes that were happening at the time we hit the points threshold. Also, since most of our points were earned on Celebrity, I imagine it's likely a moot point, though I did not see that caveat still listed when this thread inspired me to go look again. 

As for "Clear as mud," I see where @Ayden is coming from. 

Thanks to all. 

Do go ahead and reach out to Erin. I did and had my problems/questions addressed re the "free nights" and my Discoverer + status. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Three days ago, I emailed Loyalty asking about our four complimentary nights that recently passed the twelve-month mark for redemption.  I received a nearly immediate reply indicating that Azamara would absolutely honor our complimentary nights. Today our travel agent emailed our revised invoice for our recent booking which reflected the discount for the complimentary nights along with all other original discounts.  Not too shabby.  Thank you Azamara and @uktog for encouraging Azamara Circle Members to raise their concerns.

Edited by Stem to Stern
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

I just emailed Erin at Loyalty. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

I’ve found her very responsive. I emailed her about a problem excursion on our last cruise. I’d emailed customer relations several times and got nowhere. Erin responded within 24 hours and resolved the issue within a week.

• Like 5

On 5/25/2024 at 2:55 AM, Grandma Cruising said:

I’ve found her very responsive. I emailed her about a problem excursion on our last cruise. I’d emailed customer relations several times and got nowhere. Erin responded within 24 hours and resolved the issue within a week.

I just got a response from Erin and she said that they will apply the 4 free nights to the cruise I requested! She said she would send a confirmation when it is done. And I imagine that I will get a new invoice from my TA. I am very happy!!

• Like 14

10 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

I just got a response from Erin and she said that they will apply the 4 free nights to the cruise I requested! She said she would send a confirmation when it is done. And I imagine that I will get a new invoice from my TA. I am very happy!!

Brilliant, so pleased for you.

• Like 2