Shopping on Splendor

Can anyone tell me what kind of shops or boutiques Splendor has?  For example, is there clothing for sale if your case doesn't make it, jewellery or watches, anything unusual? 

46 minutes ago, SellaVee said:

Can anyone tell me what kind of shops or boutiques Splendor has?  For example, is there clothing for sale if your case doesn't make it, jewellery or watches, anything unusual? 

We were at the Splendor in April. They sell everything you mentioned, although their selection is limited. What is unusual to me is that they sell used high-end purses. 

• Like 1

There is clothing available, but no underwear, so make sure you have at least one change in your carry-on.

Sometimes I have onboard ship credit left and have bought clothes onboard. Regent T-shirts are often on sale toward the end of the cruise, but aren't my favorites. They should be free.

My favorite thing to look for are Joseph Ribikoff clothes. I first bought dress pants and a matching top on sale for a good price when we were on Voyager in January 2020. I found another pair of dress pants that matched the same top on our Splendor cruise in September 2022. They're very comfortable and I wear them to dinner at Compass Rose, as well as cruises on a few other cruise lines, and I've always gotten compliments on them.

Last year on Navigator, they had a sale on some Brics handbags toward the end of the cruise, and I found one that was exactly the type of handbag I normally buy. I had just enough onboard credit to cover it, and I've been using it since as my everday handbag.

I have seen the used purses for sale, but they were still more expensive than I wanted to pay for, even if I was using onboard credit.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, SWFLAOK said:

Last year on Navigator, they had a sale on some Brics handbags toward the end of the cruise, and I found one that was exactly the type of handbag I normally buy.  ...

Okay, so what's the deal with Bric's, if you don't mind me asking? I'd never heard of them and just looked on Amazon. I've seen Fossil bags onboard in the past.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

I agree, SWFLAOK….It is rather unexpected that they sell “previously loved’ purses.  I was on the Grandeur late April and saw a few LV and Gucci purses.  Maybe they see a market for this, based on the popularity in some locations of the RealReal, etc. ??  It hadn’t occurred to me to ask someone at the boutique.  Perhaps someone on board now or soon will ask. 

The have many toiletries you might need but so do local ports cheaper.  They have some clothers you can get if your luggage doesn't arrive (bring a carry-on with some stuff especially if you have size issues, big tall petite....)  DW was disappointed as they didn't have many items in small or XS.  The watches are decent but nothing terribly unique.  The Bellari boutique has some nice pieces and unusual designs if you like jewelry but make sure you negotiate and don't fall for some of the gimmicks reminiscent of big cruise lines.  The two-color adjustable gold chain is nice to travel with.  

36 minutes ago, bebop bonnie said:

I agree, SWFLAOK….It is rather unexpected that they sell “previously loved’ purses.  I was on the Grandeur late April and saw a few LV and Gucci purses.  Maybe they see a market for this, based on the popularity in some locations of the RealReal, etc. ??  It hadn’t occurred to me to ask someone at the boutique.  Perhaps someone on board now or soon will ask. 

In speaking with a boutique manager on another luxury line, they have decided there is a market for these brands including hermes and chanel. Honestly their prices are quite high for the level of wear/rating and sadly they are not using fashionfile. They know there is no direct competition and it may the one chance for that person to buy a birkin in person.

8 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Wendy, I wasn't familiar with Brics at the time. But my favorite ever was a Fossil bag that I had bought many years ago, when I was still working. It was on sale, but still expensive. I loved that handbag, and used it for many years until it got worn around the leather edges. The Brics handbag was exactly the same configuration as my old Fossil bag; relatively large with 2 outside pouches with snaps, and an inner part with a zipper compartment inside, and a zipper across the top. But only the trim is leather, and the rest seems to be a heavy nylon in Navy. I would rather have had black, which they had in other styles. But it seems to be well made and I've been using it for over a year. I had enough cruise credit to pay for it, and it cost less than my Fossil bag many years ago. I'm happy with my purchase.

• Like 1

I always look in the shops and leave with some laughter.  The jewelry is big and clunky for my taste.   I have some very nice (Dior, D&G, Prada, etc ) handbags,  I’m not purchasing a second hand bag on the ship.  The clothing seems to lean heavy on polyester prints.  Not a fan.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SWFLAOK said:

Wendy, I wasn't familiar with Brics at the time. But my favorite ever was a Fossil bag that I had bought many years ago, when I was still working. It was on sale, but still expensive. I loved that handbag, and used it for many years until it got worn around the leather edges. The Brics handbag was exactly the same configuration as my old Fossil bag; relatively large with 2 outside pouches with snaps, and an inner part with a zipper compartment inside, and a zipper across the top. But only the trim is leather, and the rest seems to be a heavy nylon in Navy. I would rather have had black, which they had in other styles. But it seems to be well made and I've been using it for over a year. I had enough cruise credit to pay for it, and it cost less than my Fossil bag many years ago. I'm happy with my purchase.

I bought a navy Brics with sbc several years ago on the Splendor and I use it as my everyday purse and I Love it!!!

Thank you for all the replies.  I'm particularly surprised by the second hand bags.  I do remember a couple of chaps who arrived on a cruise without their luggage and ended up wearing cruise line T shirts until their cases caught up with them.

Can you negotiate in the jewellery shop?  That's worth knowing If you can.  I would never have thought of that,

I'm off to investigate Brics bags, which I've never heard of.

Another Brics fan here. Bought a green one that has been my go to bag for travel, as it has compartments big enough for cruise docs/paperwork (I only use my iphone for backup). Good looking and so very useful.

As far a jewelry goes, there is a new brand of fine jewelry on the Grandeur....Hubert. Most certainly not give away, but so much that I really liked. Not the glitzy Bellari, quite the opposite.

Many pieces that I'd actually wear...

And yes, there are the gently used ultra high line bags, but I read that several other lines are now going that route....Cunard's Queen Anne comes to mind.......

Have fun shopping!

My advice:

Always, always, always buy travel insurance.  Make certain policy covers baggage/loss delay, passenger delay, and trip cancellation

Always, always, always carry one (two is better) complete changes of clothing in a carryon bag from your residence door to your stateroom door, and don't check it if you're flying.

Never, never, never pack anything in checked baggage that can't be replaced at WalMart, Target, or a similar retailer in other countries.

Always, always, always (if flying) travel to the city you are sailing from at least one day before you sail.  This allows for time for misrouted or delayed bags to (hopefully) catch up.

Your nerves will thank you.