Sabattini

When did the recipe for pasta primavera change? 
We were there on the Caribbean last night and I was served pasta in a tomato cream sauce with no green vegetables. I asked if that was the primavera and was told, yes.

7 minutes ago, Britter16 said:

When did the recipe for pasta primavera change? 
We were there on the Caribbean last night and I was served pasta in a tomato cream sauce with no green vegetables. I asked if that was the primavera and was told, yes.

What did the description on the menu say?  Was it different than what you received? The menu on the website says “fresh tomatoes and seasonal vegetables”. 

Posted (edited)

The description was the same for years that’s why I always order it. It’s supposed to come with only olive oil and be fresh tasting not thick and goopy. Seasonal vegetables would have been welcome.

I just wanted to warn anyone to ask before you order to see if it changed. A simply tasty dish shouldn’t have changed to to Chef Boy R Dee.

Edited by Britter16
Spelling
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Britter16 said:

The description was the same for years that’s why I always order it. It’s supposed to come with only olive oil and be fresh tasting not thick and goopy. Seasonal vegetables would have been welcome.

I just wanted to warn anyone to ask before you order to see if it changed. A simply tasty dish shouldn’t have changed to to Chef Boy R Dee.

What strikes me from your two posts here is that you are upset about it enough to post about it while on vacation. This shouldn't be happening!  We do not eat in the specialty restaurants because too many times I've heard complaints... And in those venues, you're paying again for the meal you're already paid for in the MDR. If the MDR food is bad, you can walk out and get a burger or pizza.  No, Rosè sauce is not the same as pasta primavera.

Personally, I'd ask to have the charges removed. They may not comply, but however it goes, I think you would feel better by being assertive. And thanks for the tip your giving to the rest of us.  Enjoy your vacation fully!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

What strikes me from your two posts here is that you are upset about it enough to post about it while on vacation. This shouldn't be happening!  We do not eat in the specialty restaurants because too many times I've heard complaints... And in those venues, you're paying again for the meal you're already paid for in the MDR. If the MDR food is bad, you can walk out and get a burger or pizza.  No, Rosè sauce is not the same as pasta primavera.

Personally, I'd ask to have the charges removed. They may not comply, but however it goes, I think you would feel better by being assertive. And thanks for the tip you’re giving to the rest of us.  Enjoy your vacation fully!

If they were not satisfied when the pasta came out they had the option of asking for a different one. I also assume they had numerous other courses. We always go to specialty venues when we see menus we don’t like   Going outside at night for a burger or slice of pizza is not the same

• Like 3

If this is now how Pasta Primavera is made at Sabatinis, with a thick tomato cream sauce, that is very disappointing. We have a reservation for Sabatinis and if the Primavera with fresh vegetables is no longer available, they need to take it off the menu and stop getting peoples hopes up about receiving traditional Primavera. Pasta with red sauce isn't my thing. I may have to rethink our upcoming res and change it to Catch by Rudy.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, wish_I_was_a_mermaid said:

If this is now how Pasta Primavera is made at Sabatinis, with a thick tomato cream sauce, that is very disappointing. We have a reservation for Sabatinis and if the Primavera with fresh vegetables is no longer available, they need to take it off the menu and stop getting peoples hopes up about receiving traditional Primavera. Pasta with red sauce isn't my thing. I may have to rethink our upcoming res and change it to Catch by Rudy.

My go to at Sabatini’s for pasta is either the Carbonara or the Lobster Tortolinni. I usually have that after an appetizer as my main and then have room for a decadent dessert   It all about quality over quantity 

Edited by memoak
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, memoak said:

My go to at Sabatini’s for pasta is either the Carbonara or the Lobster Tortolinni. I usually have that after an appetizer as my main and then have room for a decadent dessert   It all about quality over quantity 

I had a rice ball, mushroom rizzoto, vegetarian pizza with fresh avocado (from Alfredos), then tiramisi as a shooter.  It was REALLY good. (Had free Specialty Dining perk and I couldn't substitute Alfredos. Hence Alfredos pizza in Sabatinis)

Adding: this was ladt month, April 2024. They really accommodated me

Edited by Ombud

49 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I had a rice ball, mushroom rizzoto, vegetarian pizza with fresh avocado (from Alfredos), then tiramisi as a shooter.  It was REALLY good. (Had free Specialty Dining perk and I couldn't substitute Alfredos. Hence Alfredos pizza in Sabatinis)

Adding: this was ladt month, April 2024. They really accommodated me

Or a vegetarian but sounds good to me

• Like 2

20 hours ago, wish_I_was_a_mermaid said:

The Catch has quickly become our favorite...

• Like 1