How do I check in if the app and website won't work?

kad56

So I know that MSCs tech isn't great. Just booked my first cruise, and whenever I try to access my booking online with either my booking number or login it just buffers forever (ship icon and grayed out screen) or I get some weird tech error message. I don't want to contact their tech support because based on what I've read here, that would take a lot of work, and the issue might never get resolved... so, how do I check in for my cruise? Is there workaround online? Do I call them? Do I just show up at the ship on boarding day?

On 5/21/2024 at 12:03 PM, kad56 said:

So I know that MSCs tech isn't great. Just booked my first cruise, and whenever I try to access my booking online with either my booking number or login it just buffers forever (ship icon and grayed out screen) or I get some weird tech error message. I don't want to contact their tech support because based on what I've read here, that would take a lot of work, and the issue might never get resolved... so, how do I check in for my cruise? Is there workaround online? Do I call them? Do I just show up at the ship on boarding day?

You may want to try a different browser.

On 5/21/2024 at 5:03 PM, kad56 said:

Thought we were the only ones having a problem! 

Couldn’t access the check in. Just went round and round in circles inputting info and getting nowhere. 

Phoned MSC in the UK and they were utterly useless. Said as we’d booked through a TA they had to sort it.

Called our TA who sorted it and took our passport information over the phone. He said lots of people were having trouble. 

The app is certainly a nightmare! 

yes, MSC tech is horrible.  and trying to contact support is even worse.  I'm doing my first MSC cruise next month.  I'm still hoping for an amazing cruise, but the pre-cruise experience is enough to maybe never cruise MSC again.  Being that I work in customer server, it's hard for me to accept such poor customer service from places

• Like 1

Came here to say the same thing. I can't check-in fully on the website as my PC doesn't have a camera, and there's no way to upload a photo from a mobile device.

So then I tried checking in on the app and it accepts my selfie and passport data but then loops right back around and asks for the same info again. I cannot enter credit card info either despite trying several different cards.

Each time I attempt to check-in, it resends my booking confirmation. Got an inbox full of them.

• Like 1

Well, another day, another try to check-in. Entering credit card info worked first time today with no change in what was being input. Go figure. Entering security info continued to fail using the MSC app on iPhone but was finally able to do it on the website from a browser on an iPad. So all checked in .. but now ..

I am unable to log into the website anymore because it says my email hasn't been validated. Same email I've used with MSC for years. Same email they've been sending to a couple dozen times in the past 24 hours. And of course they say to click the button to get validation email, but there is no button to click.

image.thumb.png.381e2eb933ba2d124e9b8b485514b4b8.png