Princess Star or HAL Amsterdam

med02

We are scheduled on the July 14th Princess Star Baltic Cruise out of Copenhagen, but in view of what is happening with the Star, I am wondering if I should change to the Hal's Amsterdam sailing July 12th. The itineraries are nearly identical. We have our own airfare arranged, luckily our dates would work. We would be staying an extra 2 days at the end of our cruise instead of 2 days before the cruise. Hotels can be switched as we are using award stays. So all of this would work, however we have not cruised HAL before. We have done two cruises with Princess, one in the Med and one in the Caribbean. Both were large ships, the Golden and the Caribbean. We are in our 50's. What advice do you all have? Would it be okay to get our deposit back from Princess and book with HAL? Do any of you experienced cruisers see any downside from this? I am thinking the more I look at HAL, we would probably be very happy. What do you think, tough decision or easy one?

We are also in the same situation. We have cruised with Royal Caribbean three times but never princess or HAL. We would have to change our flights to go on the Amsterdam. The shore excursions appear a little limited on HAL but the ship is also smaller.

Due to the fire onboard the Star Princess, she won't be sailing until around November or so. If you have chosen the Amsterdam, I have sailed that ship and she remains my absolute favorite of the HAL fleet. If you have chosen her, you will be very pleased.

I read that the Star will start sailing again in mid-May.

As far as we are concerned - no contest. Princess wins hands down. Used to love HAL but had two bad experiences. We love the Princess personal choice dining and the entertainment and the Star is identifical to and just as comfortable as the Golden and Grand. We are also BIG fans of the Celebrity Constellation.

Each to his own!!

Due to the fire onboard the Star Princess, she won't be sailing until around November or so. If you have chosen the Amsterdam, I have sailed that ship and she remains my absolute favorite of the HAL fleet. If you have chosen her, you will be very pleased.
That's quite a difference with what Princess is saying. Do you have some inside info?

Archived