TxTeach79's LIVE Venezia Summer 10 Day from NYC 5/27

Elegant night in the MDR tonight. I don’t often do the MDR on solo trips. I just don’t like all the time and fuss during peak party hours when the buffet has so much of the same stuff (and the deli makes me happy anytime). I like it, and maybe I’ll go if the mood strikes me one night, but anyway. I’ll definitely do Seaday brunch. I’m only not today because of the Diamond lunch 

IMG_0402.thumb.png.b81ed384d9bdd3167b56069e930695c0.png

IMG_0403.thumb.png.f42e0e33391bcada868d0690eca37ec7.png

IMG_0404.thumb.png.36ef002c0d59b193d2bc5dfbc1b05b2c.png

• Like 9

Nothing like sunrise or sunset from a cruise ship balcony. I also love wandering around before the ship becomes alive. 

I don't know but all these cruise reviews want me to book more. It really is addicting. 😊

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, odie1024 said:

Nothing like sunrise or sunset from a cruise ship balcony. I also love wandering around before the ship becomes alive. 

I don't know but all these cruise reviews want me to book more. It really is addicting. 😊

It makes me want to book more and I’m on the thing!

• Like 4
  • Haha 23

25 minutes ago, odie1024 said:

Me too. I want to book now!Ive never cruised carnival but these reviews make it very appealing. 

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Elegant night in the MDR tonight. I don’t often do the MDR on solo trips. I just don’t like all the time and fuss during peak party hours when the buffet has so much of the same stuff (and the deli makes me happy anytime). I like it, and maybe I’ll go if the mood strikes me one night, but anyway. I’ll definitely do Seaday brunch. I’m only not today because of the Diamond lunch 

IMG_0402.thumb.png.b81ed384d9bdd3167b56069e930695c0.png

IMG_0403.thumb.png.f42e0e33391bcada868d0690eca37ec7.png

IMG_0404.thumb.png.36ef002c0d59b193d2bc5dfbc1b05b2c.png

I don’t exactly know why, but the newest menus have me struggling to find things I like. Just not a fan for some reason. Might be the preparation, last month I found things tasting better than a few months ago. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Hmmm… Playlist in Concert…. Does this mean we’re just sitting on the stools again?

IMG_0372.thumb.png.0995449bafd480609321f9b3aea5de79.png

Yes.  It does.  I'm curious why this happens now-a-days?  Sick playlist cast member? Not enough time to rehearse this show?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, spencercoop said:

Yes.  It does.  I'm curious why this happens now-a-days?  Sick playlist cast member? Not enough time to rehearse this show?

On the Dream last summer this was every show all eight days. I heard there was some sort of equipment issue with the stage. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

On the Dream last summer this was every show all eight days. I heard there was some sort of equipment issue with the stage. 

I just remembered they were doing playlist in concert on my Celebration cruise in January.  On the first night it was playlist in concert for Color My World, but later on in the cruise they had the full show.

• Like 3

On 5/22/2024 at 4:24 PM, TxTeach79 said:

Thanks to everyone who's following along! It really does mean a lot, this time more than usual.

For those of you not over on The Tribe forum, I'll keep this very short here because it's not what I want to dwell on on the LIVE, but my dad passed away yesterday. My mom and I are very close and we've gotten a ton done in the whirlwind last 24 hours, and i've been sternly informed that my dad, who grew up on a caribbean island, loved the sea, and introduced me to cruising back in '88 on the OG Celebration, would haunt me for all eternity if I canceled this trip. 

SO... ahem.... I'm keeping this as fun and positive and summer vibetastic as possible, even if I'm sure I might go in a different direction than you're used to occasionally. You never know how the drink package is gonna hit. 

But yeah. Thank y'all a ton for sailing along with me 🙂

So sorry for your loss 😢

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Sounds like big weather back home in North Texas. Y’all stay safe. 80mph winds are no joke. 

Winds in this morning's storm were worse than Sunday morning.  Several large limbs down at the office park that I manage.  Businesses all over the place still without power, intersections with no functioning traffic lights, and it's still coming down.   

• Like 6

Just now, dmet0225 said:

Winds in this morning's storm were worse than Sunday morning.  Several large limbs down at the office park that I manage.  Businesses all over the place still without power, intersections with no functioning traffic lights, and it's still coming down.   

Terrible! Talked to Mom, we were lucky other than a couple small branches down - and somehow the flag in the front of the house ended up in the backyard - but we had a neighbor who lost a fence and another with a whole tree down so zero complaints. 

• Like 15

Just now, TxTeach79 said:

Terrible! Talked to Mom, we were lucky other than a couple small branches down - and somehow the flag in the front of the house ended up in the backyard - but we had a neighbor who lost a fence and another with a whole tree down so zero complaints. 

Just checked the Oncor outage map.  Over 615,000 without power.  After it passed my house, it turned tornado warned in Kaufman County.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Apropos of nothing, check out this airport in the Maldives. Holy cow. 

image.thumb.png.a22d0784a71a031b1d56d56f8e1c1a9e.png

This was the closest I've been to feeling like I was landing in water.

60b810c846de6.jpg

• Like 8