Horizon / (*Not) Live / Solo - May - 25 - June - 2024...

12 hours ago, cellfree said:

“No soup for Elaine” and “No internet plan for Sid!”

What did I do to deserve no soup?!?

Being named Elaine, until Seinfeld, was rather unknown.  Now I always get Seinfeld references.

Guess it could be worse. I could be named Karen, Alexa, or Felicia. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 19

With TSA pre check I breezed right through security, and I'm sitting at my gate almost two full hours early. I really wish I could sleep for two hours, but if I can't do it in a nice comfortable bed, there's no chance of that happening here. "C" is already on her flight headed to Ft Lauderdale...

• Like 20

I don't think I posted this section already. If it's reruns, sorry...

My port plans so far are pretty thin. I know that I want to visit one or more of the beautiful beaches in Aruba, so that's on my list. Also, we'll be in port until 10:00 there, so I may even try to have a nice dinner in shore. 

This will be my very first time to Bonaire, and it appears to also have some decent beaches, but I don't have a firm game plan there yet. I've looked into a couple of food trucks and beach bars at a public beach not very far from the port. We're only there until the early afternoon, so I don't want to stray too far. I've read that they have a little public bus system that's pretty easy to catch and cheap.

As for Amber Cove and La Romana, I'll probably just call it a “sea day”, and enjoy the mostly empty ship. I've been to Dominican Republic a few times, and honestly it's among my least favorite ports. I'd even go so far as to say I'd put it down there with Nassau…

Screenshot_20240409-181712~2.png

• Like 6
  • Haha 15

Just realized that I forgot to add the ending date in the title. Should be June 2nd, not just June. Way too late to go back and fix it now. As careful I am, I'd make a terrible editor apparently...

In other news: my chariot awaits.

PXL_20240524_134049442.jpg

• Like 18

23 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

This final day before the long weekend, already lazy coworkers seem to have forgotten how to do their job altogether... I'm determined to do whatever it's takes for me to make it till quitting time, even if I have to do everything myself...

Screenshot_20240516-160042.png

Hey Sid, just grab Chako's broom and sweep all day!  On the other hand, all that sweeping and vacuuming may be what's causing his bathroom "mishaps" 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

One final restroom break, and I took out a second mortgage on a bottle of airport water. The pre boarding scrum is about to commence.

• Like 2
  • Haha 18

28 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Just realized that I forgot to add the ending date in the title. Should be June 2nd, not just June. Way too late to go back and fix it now. As careful I am, I'd make a terrible editor apparently...

If you "Report" the first post (top right corner of post, ellipsis ...) and ask for a title change, the request might be granted.

• Like 2

I'm in the plane, and my carry on stowed... They said it's a completely full flight, so I always stress about not being able to find a space for my bag. Once I do, then I can finally start to relax. "C" is somewhere between Atlanta and Ft Lauderdale now.

• Like 18

3 hours ago, figmentfreak said:

What did I do to deserve no soup?!?

Being named Elaine, until Seinfeld, was rather unknown.  Now I always get Seinfeld references.

Guess it could be worse. I could be named Karen, Alexa, or Felicia. 

I always imagined eating at your fine dining establishment, Elaine's, NYC.  If I ever ventured to the big city...but much like deodorant at Woodstock, it's gone!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Send a note to the mods. They'll fix it for you. 😎

• Like 2

Enjoy your cruise Sid. I’m interested to see what you do in Bonaire. Our first time there will be on Celebrity at the end of June. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Nah I say leave it sit, then we can all enjoy thinking of it as an endless summer cruise with Sid and the boys. 😉

Screenshot2024-05-24120727.png.7ef8af86491e14b5abb5fcf06445ab0f.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

On the ground now in unfamiliar territory. Found my way to the rental car shuttle and I'll be there soon.

Apparently "c" didn't bring her credit card, only debit, so they aren't letting her rent the car without it... Looks like it's going to be going on my card, cuz I've gotta get to Miami somehow. 

• Like 21
  • Haha 4

On the highway now sitting in traffic headed towards Miami... I came all the way from Atlanta to get away from the traffic, and now we're in deep. Anyhoo, 20 more miles to Miami.

PXL_20240524_173136220.jpg

• Like 20

46 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

On the highway now sitting in traffic headed towards Miami... I came all the way from Atlanta to get away from the traffic, and now we're in deep. Anyhoo, 20 more miles to Miami.

PXL_20240524_173136220.jpg

Not a good place to come to get away from traffic it's always horrible here in SoFlo no matter which way you're heading. Safe travels!

• Like 3

A few twists and turns later, and I finally made it to the hotel in Brickell. "C" went to find her hotel and get settled in. Pretty soon I'm going to need something to eat and drink.

PXL_20240524_183634573.thumb.jpg.f0e56afbe392819220e60655ee5beac3.jpg

PXL_20240524_183643964.jpg

• Like 24