Pre booking Alternative dining on QA

majortom10

Anyone pre booked and Alternative dining on QA and have they received a discount or is it full price. Other than the risk of being fully booked cannot see the benefit of pre booking when I can wait until onboard and use OBC if it is going to be same price.

It's been reported that it's more expensive on board... and prebooking closes 4 days before cruise. But hopefully someone can confirm relative prices. Reports also of it being very popular so may be better to prebook when you want; half+ OBC goes on the tips thing anyway, a few drinks and it's gone!

1 hour ago, buchanan101 said:

It's been reported that it's more expensive on board... and prebooking closes 4 days before cruise. But hopefully someone can confirm relative prices. Reports also of it being very popular so may be better to prebook when you want; half+ OBC goes on the tips thing anyway, a few drinks and it's gone!

My OBC doesn't go on tips because I removed auto gratuity and pay in cash.

I don't have direct knowledge of the QA alternative restaurant pricing since I haven't been on board QA yet, but here is what I've found.

Sir Samuel’s Steakhouse

Lunch: $31.50 in advance ($35.00 on board)

Dinner: $58.50 in advance ($65.00 on board)

Aji Wa

Omakase menu: $58.50 in advance ($65.00 on board)

a La Carte: $20.00 deposit subtracted from cost of meal ordered

Aranya

$31.50 in advance ($35.00 on board)

Tramonto

$18.00 in advance ($20.00 on board)

These prices reflect the recent policy of offering a 10% discount for booking alternative dining in advance on the other ships. I will note one discrepancy though in that others on this forum have reported the price to book Tramonto in advance has been $18.10 rather than $18.00.

• Like 2

I just checked to see what I was charged last night for Tramonto pre booked. It was $18.00 per person. And Sir Samuel's lunch was 31.50 per person. 

3 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Sorry but considering that you have already paid for a meal and then charged an extra $58-50 is I am sorry too expensive for me.

We went as a special treat to Sir Samuel’s. It was very nice but not worth $130 for 2. We had a very acceptable steak in Britannia the next night included. 

• Like 2