Virgin Scarlet Lady Pyjama Party

Hi All

Fairly conservative 63 year old here, cruising with VV for the first time.

I have been on Celebrity and P&O cruises before.

The cruise is from Barcelona first week of June and I was wondering if anyone had thoughts the VV Pyjama Party.

As a 63 year old, I wonder whether I will feel out of place attending this event on the cruise.

Any tips and experience sharing would be a great help.

Thank you.

Jim

I'm pretty much in the same boat ay you (pun definitely intended). The best way I can explain it is (at least on Scarlet in the Caribbean) is it's loud, active and seemed to be a younger crowd. You can have a great time there. Nobody will even notice you. Nobody will judge you etc. It's just not my thing. I'd rather be elsewhere on the ship. Bring foam earplugs for that and Scarlet Night. You can thank me later 🙂

If you like dancing to 90s/2000s music like Britney Spears and Spice Girls it’s a fun party. It’s normally outside on deck 15 so can be possible to stay on the quieter edges if you wish. There will be a brief “show” from the diva drag queen and the hostess at some point around 11.30 to midnight. There will be a wide range of people so I doubt anyone should feel out of place, as long as you know to expect loud music.

The nice thing is, you can go to the PJ Party and not partake, or you can opt to not go at all.

We're in our 60s, have sailed 6 times with VV, and haven't been to the PJ Party once!

The vibe is very much no-judgement, so don't worry. You do you, and you'll have a great time!

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

On 5/24/2024 at 3:34 AM, Cloud9 Bob said:

I'm pretty much in the same boat ay you (pun definitely intended). The best way I can explain it is (at least on Scarlet in the Caribbean) is it's loud, active and seemed to be a younger crowd. You can have a great time there. Nobody will even notice you. Nobody will judge you etc. It's just not my thing. I'd rather be elsewhere on the ship. Bring foam earplugs for that and Scarlet Night. You can thank me later 🙂

Thank you Bob

I appreciate your reply and tips - the the pun is very clever too 🙂

16 hours ago, jon81uk said:

If you like dancing to 90s/2000s music like Britney Spears and Spice Girls it’s a fun party. It’s normally outside on deck 15 so can be possible to stay on the quieter edges if you wish. There will be a brief “show” from the diva drag queen and the hostess at some point around 11.30 to midnight. There will be a wide range of people so I doubt anyone should feel out of place, as long as you know to expect loud music.

Thank you John.

I am hoping the weather is good and the party remains outdoors.

I was hoping there would be quiet corners where I could sit and enjoy the (loud) music, with a drink - and your review gives me hope 🤞

I am a late night person, and curious about the Diva and Hostess shows - hopefully I will enjoy them 

12 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

The nice thing is, you can go to the PJ Party and not partake, or you can opt to not go at all.

We're in our 60s, have sailed 6 times with VV, and haven't been to the PJ Party once!

The vibe is very much no-judgement, so don't worry. You do you, and you'll have a great time!

Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you Cinegraphic

My wife wants to go in her pj's and I was hoping to go in casuals - guess we'll decide on the night itself.

I have read previously that the general feels on VV is non-judgemental and going by what you say, I feel it should be ok to attend the party and enjoy it without dancing 🤞

• Like 2

On our May 2022 cruise we didn't make it to the PJ party - too many afternoon cocktails!

Last Nov we had dinner and then met up with a FB group for a bar crawl of our own making around the ship - we were all having fun together and ended the night at the PJ party. None of us were wearing PJ's - and had a blast! We were  a wide age range.

They held the party at the Athletic Club and there were a lot of people lounging on the huge lounger around the edge, enjoying the atmosphere and  a tipple or two!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For our cruise next month the PJ party is scheduled for the first night. Don't know why they've done this. We're going to be up from 3:30 am for our very early flight and I am sure we won't be the only ones needing an early night after a day travelling. Such a shame we were really looking forward to it.

1 hour ago, madmedic said:

For our cruise next month the PJ party is scheduled for the first night. Don't know why they've done this.

It’s always on the first night. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cloud9 Bob said:

It’s always on the first night. 

First time on VV. Looks like we'll have to have a better plan if we are going to get to the PJ party next time. 

I think PJ Party is deliberately on the first night as the “theme” is that you want an early night but decide to party instead. Most people fly in the day before the cruise so the party is busy to midnight at least. 

2 hours ago, madmedic said:

First time on VV. Looks like we'll have to have a better plan if we are going to get to the PJ party next time. 

You could always get in your pajamas, take a short nap and then go up for a little bit. And if, when the alarm goes off for the short nap, you don't feel like going up you can just snuggle back down.