Summit cabin question 8121

We are booked on the Summit in an S1 guarantee to Alaska. We were assigned cabin 8121 today and I have some concerns.  The cabin is shown as S2 on many sites, but S1 on the Celebrity site. It is accessible (we do not require this) and right next door to the elevators. I cannot find any reviews published on this cabin since the refurbishment. I have checked the cabin spreadsheet but it is not listed. Has anyone stayed in this cabin? 

The website shows this category is fully booked, but is there any chance I might be able to change locations? Do they keep any inventory that is not listed ? 

Does the Luminae require a seating time selection like the MDR? This is the first time we booked a suite. 

Thanks 

Posted (edited)

The stateroom is currently categorized as an S1.  It is in a desirable location close to the elevator banks.  But it is in a hallway behind them so there will not be any issues with nose, etc.  

If this was a GTY assignment, contact whomever you booked through to see if there are any other S1's available and they can move you to a different location as available at n/c.  Don't rely only on the website to see if you can be moved.  But IMO this is a very good location near the elevators for access to other decks and its central location makes it easy to get to different venues.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

10 hours ago, 2southerncruisers said:

We are booked on the Summit in an S1 guarantee to Alaska. We were assigned cabin 8121 today and I have some concerns.  The cabin is shown as S2 on many sites, but S1 on the Celebrity site. It is accessible (we do not require this) and right next door to the elevators. I cannot find any reviews published on this cabin since the refurbishment. I have checked the cabin spreadsheet but it is not listed. Has anyone stayed in this cabin? 

The website shows this category is fully booked, but is there any chance I might be able to change locations? Do they keep any inventory that is not listed ? 

Does the Luminae require a seating time selection like the MDR? This is the first time we booked a suite. 

Thanks 

Luminae does not require a seating time. When you are hungry walkup to the Matre'd and ask to be seated, Usually there is no wait; sometimes there is a small wait.

I think it's a great location. Accessible means you won't have a tub just a roll in shower but a large balcony and huge room. cruisedeckplans has photos for 8125 on the other side of the elevators from 2023 and 2024.