Frist Time on Celebrity Questions

Neonch

Potential first-time Celebrity cruiser here. I have done 6 cruises on Royal Caribbean, 4 on Princess, and 1 on Norwegian. I'm considering an 8-day cruise to the ABC islands in November and have a few questions.

• I'm looking at the rate that includes WiFi and the basic drink package. The basic drink package may not suit my wife and me. If we book under this promotion, how much more would it cost to upgrade to the higher package per person per day? Is this upgrade option available?
  • I have heard that Celebrity's passenger demographic is a little older. We are in our early forties. Is there enough to do in the evenings?

15 minutes ago, Neonch said:
  •  how much more would it cost to upgrade to the higher package per person per day? Is this upgrade option available?
  •  Is there enough to do in the evenings?

---Typically $15 (+20% gratuity), often on sale (currently $8.99 for our down under sailings next year).

---Yes.  There will be plenty of people in your age demo.

22 minutes ago, Neonch said:

Potential first-time Celebrity cruiser here. I have done 6 cruises on Royal Caribbean, 4 on Princess, and 1 on Norwegian. I'm considering an 8-day cruise to the ABC islands in November and have a few questions.

• I'm looking at the rate that includes WiFi and the basic drink package. The basic drink package may not suit my wife and me. If we book under this promotion, how much more would it cost to upgrade to the higher package per person per day? Is this upgrade option available?
  • I have heard that Celebrity's passenger demographic is a little older. We are in our early forties. Is there enough to do in the evenings?

The option is available, and the price quoted in the first reply is correct, as is the current promo sale price(and there will be more promos happening if you miss this one). It's best to do it during promos as opposed to waiting until you get onboard because there's not a discount offered onboard for upgrades.

I've started sailing on Celebrity in my mid/late 20s (I'm in my mid 50s now), and yes, there's a lot going on in the evenings, no worries there.

Do you use a TA? If not, maybe you should.

If you use the Internet and book your own, drill down and see most of the info. There are so many diffent rates and packages. You can look at them and then decide what you want and need without booking. 

Things change daily with the cruise lines. What is current as of right now, will and could change before you read any comments or finish reading a comment on here.

I am just trying to be helpful to you. Not flaming you.

Happy Cruising.

We also booked under the same promotion, and are on the same cruise in September. We have upgraded to the premium beverage package through the app. Keep looking for discounts on the app. Our first purchase was £214  for the 8 days, then we cancelled and rebooked when there was a flash sale with 30% off paying £167 , and we’ve just cancelled again today and rebooked @ £147. 

38 minutes ago, Lauale said:

We also booked under the same promotion, and are on the same cruise in September. We have upgraded to the premium beverage package through the app. Keep looking for discounts on the app. Our first purchase was £214  for the 8 days, then we cancelled and rebooked when there was a flash sale with 30% off paying £167 , and we’ve just cancelled again today and rebooked @ £147. 

Thank you for proving the point. What is current now, is change moments later. You must keep checking to ensure you get the best price. You just saved £67!!!!! Congratulations!

22 hours ago, Neonch said:

45 cruises under our belts in 20 years...most on Princess, but Celebrity is close 2nd.

But we would say Celebrity is our fav--most comparable to Princess, imo.

But we feel ALL mainstream lines are more alike than different.

We started cruising when we were about 40, tried Celebrity when we were about 50.

We find PLENTY to do in the evenings--shows, gameshows, trivia, dancing, musicians. (as I think about this--pretty much the same as all lines!)

On all the cruises we have done, we have only felt the crowd was overall older 2x--an early Dec Caribbean cruise (we were mid-40s) & the 16 transatlantic we took last month--45% were over 70 and about the same % were in their 60s!! Both were on Princess, interestingly.

ABC islands are my fav in the Caribbean!

What ship is it?