Aqua Class Bottle of Wine?

I know it says "on request bottle of Sparkling wine" in Aqua. I'm solo, so sparkling isn't a great use to me beyond a couple of drinks as it'll go flat.

Do you know if you can request to change it for a red or a white? I'm not super picky about it - I know most people here don't like anything X has wine-wise except Decoy (which I know is not what they'd provide for the on request - and that's fine), so I'm not asking for opinions of what they provide. I'm just asking if it can be done.

50 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Thank you!!

We had no luck making an exchange on Beyond and Ascent.  However, we were able to do so on the Equinox 2X  and Reflection.  

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I took to BLU one of the nights for dinner. The sommelier exchanged it for a Riesling. The sommelier also mentioned he would give a credit for a more expensive wine. 

Edited by Banjo
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, keesar said:

We had no luck making an exchange on Beyond and Ascent.  However, we were able to do so on the Equinox 2X  and Reflection.  

Thanks. I'm on Beyond, so... 😞  If my stateroom attendant says no, I'll try what @Banjo did.

And if they say no, I'll have one or 2 glasses and politely take the rest to Guest Services to show what is wasted (unless they want someone passed out drunk from drinking a whole bottle to prevent it going flat) when they aren't flexible.

Kidding. Kind of. I'd probably try first taking it unopened to Guest Services and explaining that I am solo and it would be flat before I was able to finish it.

2 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Thanks. I'm on Beyond, so... 😞  If my stateroom attendant says no, I'll try what @Banjo did.

And if they say no, I'll have one or 2 glasses and politely take the rest to Guest Services to show what is wasted (unless they want someone passed out drunk from drinking a whole bottle to prevent it going flat) when they aren't flexible.

Kidding. Kind of. I'd probably try first taking it unopened to Guest Services and explaining that I am solo and it would be flat before I was able to finish it.

I have found that if  we get an experienced room attendant, there has not been a. problem.   Lately, we have had new, inexperienced staff and I guess they are following the letter of the law.  I bring home the bubbly and serve it as part of mimosas for guests.  Actually, it is not bad when served that way.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

They will be happy to switch it for another bottle of $8 (retail) wine.  

We received  $21 and $16 dollar retail  (U.S.local store).  wines from Spain.  Actually, pretty good.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, keesar said:

We received  $21 and $16 dollar retail  (U.S.local store).  wines from Spain.  Actually, pretty good.

wow - never happened to me.  Would be happy with those