Radiance of the Seas table request e-mail

1 hour ago, Brandis said:

Does anyone have the e-mail address to send a seating request for Radiance of the Sea's dining room?

rcldining@rccl.com - 2 weeks before sailing.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

rcldining@rccl.com - 2 weeks before sailing.

Thanks! Almost there 🙂

Do you think they can also help in merging 2 speciality dining reservations? We originally wanted to book Samba Grill for 5 at 8.30, but since we wanted to use the OBC from separate rooms, each party had to do their own reservation. So I booked for 3 but when our friends tried to book for 2, the latest time available was 7:45, so that's what they chose. I then called the reservation hotline, I was told they could change our reservation to 7:45 as well but we would be seated at separate tables since they cannot merge bookings.
Of course I could wait until we board to ask if they can seat us at a table for 5, but if I can do that ahead of time, I think chances are better.

11 minutes ago, Brandis said:

Of course I could wait until we board to ask if they can seat us at a table for 5, but if I can do that ahead of time, I think chances are better.

You should be able to take care of this on board.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Brandis said:

Thanks! Almost there 🙂

Do you think they can also help in merging 2 speciality dining reservations? We originally wanted to book Samba Grill for 5 at 8.30, but since we wanted to use the OBC from separate rooms, each party had to do their own reservation. So I booked for 3 but when our friends tried to book for 2, the latest time available was 7:45, so that's what they chose. I then called the reservation hotline, I was told they could change our reservation to 7:45 as well but we would be seated at separate tables since they cannot merge bookings.

No, the dining email provided is typically for table size or location and special other dietary requests.  It is not for specialty restaurant reservation requests. That is done through the on line planner or with RCCL reservation assistance.  However, you most definitely can link your reservations by calling RCCL with both parties booking number and request to have your bookings linked.  I am not aware of restrictions with this with non-US bookings.  This will link each party involved with the common specialty restaurant reservations you are looking to achieve. 

You also can do this on board with any specialty restaurant maître d if preferred days and times are not available through the planner.  Again, this would be based on availability but it often is easier to do this in person with real time availability and a person looking at options with you.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Thanks!

I actually called RCL to have our dining time for Samba Grill to 7:45, which he could do. But when I asked about linking the bookings so we would be placed at one table, he told me that they unfortunately couldn't do that. So my best option probably is to see a Maitre d' as soon as we are on board.

1 hour ago, Brandis said:

Thanks!

I actually called RCL to have our dining time for Samba Grill to 7:45, which he could do. But when I asked about linking the bookings so we would be placed at one table, he told me that they unfortunately couldn't do that. So my best option probably is to see a Maitre d' as soon as we are on board.

I wonder if that is non-US bookings based as we have linked our reservations with others we travel with a number of times.  This then links the dining reservations. 

We booked through a US based travel agent. They put in the request to link our bookings so we sit together in the main dining room. But the speciality dining apparently goes through RCL regardless.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Brandis said:

We booked through a US based travel agent. They put in the request to link our bookings so we sit together in the main dining room. But the speciality dining apparently goes through RCL regardless.

In our experience, once your reservations are linked you can make or change specialty restaurant reservations coordinated with those bookings that are linked together. That is one of the reasons we link when we do.  Not sure why you are getting different information.  We also have linked our reservations over the phone with an RCCL rep.  Hopefully you can work something out, but otherwise you can do this once you board.

The only time you can't reserve specialty restaurants linked is if they are part of a pre-purchased dining plan, which would be scheduled on board.  But individual restaurant reservations can be done through the planner when linked and paid for when reserved.

The only reason we booked the speciality restaurants separately by room was so that each room could use their own OBC to pay for it. When we called afterwards to have them linked so we can sit together, they can‘t do that. 
But hopefully it‘s not a big deal to do it onboard.

Incidentally, I noticed today, that one of the Diamond Plus perks is that you get the second guest for free if you book a specialty restaurant for the first or second night. We were charged for both, will have to look into that with them as well.

1 minute ago, Brandis said:

I noticed today, that one of the Diamond Plus perks is that you get the second guest for free if you book a specialty restaurant for the first or second night.

This is to be used onboard (where you pay full price for one person and the other is free). It doesn't apply when you book pre-cruise (at a discount). If you don't want to cancel, once onboard you can try to have them applied and they will likely take care of it one way or another but that's up to you.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Brandis said:

The only reason we booked the speciality restaurants separately by room was so that each room could use their own OBC to pay for it. When we called afterwards to have them linked so we can sit together, they can‘t do that. 
But hopefully it‘s not a big deal to do it onboard.

Incidentally, I noticed today, that one of the Diamond Plus perks is that you get the second guest for free if you book a specialty restaurant for the first or second night. We were charged for both, will have to look into that with them as well.

Yes.  D+ provides a specialty restaurant BOGO for for each D+ guest. In our experience applying the benefit is not automatic and we have had to specify that we were using that when we book the restaurants. It also only can be booked on board and is based on the on board restaurant pricing.

You also do not have to use the first restaurant on the first night.  While they prefer that it commences by the second night, if you prepay the full BOGO benefit on board when you book it, you can book the first restaurant on day one or two and the second one any night thereafter.