Any advice on Penthouse Suite on Constellation

Usgrant39

I recently booked on a whim the PS suite on the Constellation. Would appreciate any tips or advice on how to maximize the experience. My wife and I are celebrating a signifigant birthday and are amazed to find such a spectacular place to spend time crossing the Atlantic. Anyways, anyone who has info, pictures and helpful advice would be most appreciated.

JDC

Here are some Penthouse Suite photos from the Summit. The Constellation should be basically the same, only different decor. Have a wonderful time and enjoy every moment!

http://www.*****.com/celebrity_summit_inaugural_photos.htm

http://community.webshots.com/album/116570964pMbyCR

Please write a review about your experiences when you get back to share with the rest of us who will never get to stay in a penthouse suite, except perhaps in our dreams.

Here are some Penthouse Suite photos from the Summit. The Constellation should be basically the same, only different decor. Have a wonderful time and enjoy every moment!

http://www.*****.com/celebrity_summit_inaugural_photos.htm

http://community.webshots.com/album/116570964pMbyCR

Please write a review about your experiences when you get back to share with the rest of us who will never get to stay in a penthouse suite, except perhaps in our dreams.

We wil be happy to write a full report back after the cruise..thanks for the respone and photos..we enjoyed them very much. JDC

Hey fleckle, thank you for the pictures, including those of the Royal Suite. We have booked RS6138 on Infinity for the 9/3/2006 departure from Vancouver. Previously, we have only had Royal Suites on C class vessels (5). Our butler Stanley on Mercury told us that the RS on the M -class vessels are much better, and after viewing the pictures, would have to agree. Incidentally, if you ever get Stanley as your butler, he was the best of our five butlers.

My husband and I were in the Penthouse on the Millennium last year. You are in for a wonderful experience. We enjoyed our surroundings so much that we rarely left. The deck was my favorite spot. It was huge with a wonderful hot tub. We also enjoyed the large jacuzzi in the master bath with wrap around windows...the view while soaking in a warm bath was heavenly. My husband spent hours reading in the living room while listening to the player piano. We had brought some of our favorite CDs and DVDs from home to enjoy, although the butler can provide you with a selection as well.

There is a second bath which we never used. We did love the butler's pantry which had a full size refrigerator which held the usual selection of soft drinks, bottled water, etc. as well as cheese and fruit platters. There were two bottles of alcohol which we had swapped out for champagne and wine.

I also enjoyed having the His and Hers separate closets. We always pack binoculars and umbrellas, but there was no need to as they were provided in the suite. There is a lap top and desk area but the connection time may be a little slower than you are used to. There was an exercise bike I used, but not a treadmill.

Since the suite has so many windows, we found it nice to have the curtains operate by remote control. I think you will have a marvelous time. Please let me know if you have any specific questions.

• 3 weeks later...
I recently booked on a whim the PS suite on the Constellation. Would appreciate any tips or advice on how to maximize the experience. My wife and I are celebrating a signifigant birthday and are amazed to find such a spectacular place to spend time crossing the Atlantic. Anyways, anyone who has info, pictures and helpful advice would be most appreciated.

JDC

We also celebrated a "significant" birthday in the Penthouse. As you requested, here's a link to photos on how to really "do it up right..." Enjoy both your birthday celebration as well the Penthouse experience!

http://community.webshots.com/album/102752742jCaMmc

Loved the pix but still have some questions you may be able answer for me.

We have booked the Summit's PH suite for a family reunion(25pp) in July. My brother got married in New Zealand last fall & because none of us were able to be there we'd like to have a celebration in the suite. Will we be able to arrange this after we're on board? Your awesome decos have inspired me. Did they have to be approved? Any other tips? thanks so much for sharing. Meg

DO YOU KNOW YOUR ROOM #?

well if youy are in 6148 your butler might be carlton - HE IS SOOOO NICE

and your Room attendent might be MENINO- he is also VERY NICE

One thing - you have to go to the ocean liners-in there might be oswald and Plamen both very nice

another thing- EAT BREAKFAST IN YOUR ROOM it is much nicer than in the main resturant because you are not rushed or anything -

Thats pretty much all i have to say---

TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOUR BALCONY!!!!!

HAVE FUN

Loved the pix but still have some questions you may be able answer for me.

We have booked the Summit's PH suite for a family reunion(25pp) in July. My brother got married in New Zealand last fall & because none of us were able to be there we'd like to have a celebration in the suite. Will we be able to arrange this after we're on board? Your awesome decos have inspired me. Did they have to be approved? Any other tips? thanks so much for sharing. Meg

Much as I'd like to take the credit for the decorating, etc, it was our friends who sailed in the Penthouse (we "roughed it" in a Celebrity Suite!).

But to answer your question, they upgraded to the Penthouse at embarkation so there was no advance preparation for the 50th birthday party in terms of pre-cruise negotiations with Celebrity. The cruise was out of San Diego and our friend shipped all of the decorations to our pre-cruise hotel about a week before they arrived. He also made advance arrangements with a supermarket near the hotel to purchase a case of champagne, which he checked in at the port along with the rest of the luggage. Once aboard ship, they made the majority of the arrangements with their butler, with the social hostess in on the shenanigans too. Aside from the butler overseeing the hors 'd oeuvre table and the champagne, Celebrity had very little involvement, aside from the social hostess and her staff enjoying the party! Our friends put up all the decorations, then we had another party the following day to take them all down!

I'm sure you'll have a great time pulling off your brother's party. Nothing quite like the Penthouse to do it in!

Hi Everyone - We Were Just On The Constellation In The Ps Cabin ( 6148 ) Last Month In The Southern Caribbean . We Had 30 Cabins In Our Group - - And We Had Large Parties In The Suite Every 2nd Day . Yes - Carlton Was Our Butler As Well And He Was Incredible.

We Also Did The Ps Cabin On The Infinity In Alaska 2 Years Ago - - It Was Great Being On That Incredible Balcany .

So , If You Have The Opportuntiy To Book The Ps , It Will Be A Trip You Will Always Remember

We are in PH Suite 6148 on Millennium next month & we are getting more excited by the day!

Couple of questions from your earlier posts.

The items in the fridge, such as drinks, etc. are they complimentary or does it work like a normal mini-bar?

Brandylane: We are thinking of holding a party in our suite, you mention you had 30 cabins in your group. Could you let me know how many people is the maximum for a party.

Regarding the DVD, does any one know if they take either Region 1 or 2, as we are from the UK.

If we held a dinner party one evening, can we request a pianist?

That's it for now although I'm sure to think of something else :D

I am going to take a notebook with me on this trip, something I've never done before, so that I can write a detailed review when we get back.

Cavkc,

Regarding the PH. You get to pick two bottles of alcohol. We were provided with a bottle of Vodka and Scotch. I traded the Scotch with some Markers Mark because I love whiskey. There is also a free round of cokes, but once you go through them, you have to pay for the rest. The PH is huge and perfect for entertaining in. You could have a rather large party in there. I doubt you could play dvd's from the UK in the PH, its an american dvd player. I really enjoyed the player piano, especially the Tony Bennett collection. Ask the butler to bring you more disks from around the ship and he will. Enjoy!

David

JDC

My advise is to be sure to invite your neighbors in from down the hall in the CC cabins sandwiched between the royal suites. :D

LOL - that would be us! See you on board!

My advise is to be sure to invite your neighbors in from down the hall in the CC cabins sandwiched between the royal suites. :D

LOL - that would be us! See you on board!

But if ya' invite the even side, ya' gotta invite the odd side! Odd side? That's DEFINITELY us!:D

Andrew

Hey guys, I already tried that on the roll call, explaining, in depth, I thought, that the way to truly enjoy something as wonderful as the PH was to share it with all of his soon to become best friends on the penthouse deck.

And I believe he stopped posting on the roll call....

:D

Susan

Yes, I've heard mention that people in the Penthouse on Constellation Transatlantics have provided jello shots for their guests....just a rumor, I'm sure...:D

Hey, Sue, best to John! We'll miss you on this TA, but Moya (Ted and Diana) are with us, along with a great bunch...

Andrew

I recently booked on a whim the PS suite on the Constellation. Would appreciate any tips or advice on how to maximize the experience. My wife and I are celebrating a signifigant birthday and are amazed to find such a spectacular place to spend time crossing the Atlantic. Anyways, anyone who has info, pictures and helpful advice would be most appreciated.JDC

On a sudden whim, last year I booked the PH suite on Summit for Alaska this summer. That was 13 months before the actual sailing, and you can imagine what I've been going thru waiting for it to roll around!

Tried to keep it a secret from the girlfriend, even though EVERYONE else knew, even her daughter who is joining us! Finally had to let the secret out, and she's even more excited than I am.

I've done more research than I care to admit, and my office has been burdened by my constant chatting about it. Even worse, they're all really sick of the whole, "Hey, come look at what I found now" every time I'm surfing the internet. Imagine what it will be like when I return...

At any rate, here is the best collection of pictures I've found:

http://community.webshots.com/album/347619303xAAFOD/0

Enjoy!

How did you get my pictures like that? Thanks for the compliment on my pics!

technology i guess

the PS is really a great experience and the room and balcony are to die for.

we have the same room in nov on the 16 night TA from BCN and are waiting patiently.

Dont discount the Grand Suite on the new Princess Ships,, they are just as nice and since the ships are newer the furniture, fixtures, paintings, etc are pristine. We are equally impressed with both suites and are doing the GS this summer and are excited.

I guess different pics to follow for each cruise.

I had a get together in the PS and the Celebrity Orchestra Piano Player come down and played for an hour. I spoke with him directly and asked him what it would take and we agreed on a gratutity (given beforehand) which wasnt cheap.

A few years ago on the Galaxy in the PS on our 25th Anniv, we had a small get together and I asked for the quartet to come play for us,, they did without the piano so 3 came (violin, base and accordion) and although they wouldnt state a price meaning whatever I thought was reasonable I should give them and I tipped accordingly after the fact.

The cruiselines bend over backwards to accomodate most requests of the PS/GS guests based on my experience. This year on the Millie I am going to have a big dinner/cocktail party one night just for fun with hiring the quartet and inviting the Captain and Hotel Director, Social Hostess, some crew and special guests that I may meet aboard.

Happy Cruising

Don

Archived