Barcelona or bust - Live from Carnival Legend - May 30-June 7

8 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

@BlerkOne

Did I see you on this cruise?  I was on it as well with my two kids and husband. We had fun, but I came home with Covid. 

Probably. Here or there or top of Mont Faron. No sickness for us.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Probably. Here or there or top of Mont Faron. No sickness for us.

We took the bus, waited in line for the trolly, and then walked all the way to the zoo only to find out it was closed. Totally my fault because I didn't check the website to know it was closed on Tuesdays and Thursdays. 

We went to Taormina as well, but we were on the excursion that also went on a boat tour.  Really enjoyed the boat tour.  We went swimming as well. Very cold, but fun!     

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

We took the bus, waited in line for the trolly, and then walked all the way to the zoo only to find out it was closed. Totally my fault because I didn't check the website to know it was closed on Tuesdays and Thursdays. 

Bummer. Good to know. I had though about visiting the zoo, as well.

Our ship tour for the cable car and Landing Museum was canceled for lack of people. Surprising since it was the anniversary of D-Day. Ended up with Uber to the museum and cable car back. Then another Uber back to the shuttle boats. Still much less than the ship tour and no lines.

We had to hurry to get to the top, because I did notice the museum had an annoying habit of closing for lunch and I didn't want to rush through it.

• Like 1

We did basically a private 50 Shades of Lemon tour here. Not cheap, but I'd do it again. and again.

The tour description...

Discover the Amalfi Coast and its golden treasure, its majesty, the Lemon!

You will have a relaxing drive through the breathtaking Amalfi Coast, one of the most scenic drives in the world, where you will have the chance to stop for photos. 

You will visit Ravello, that unlike most of the other towns of the area, is located atop a hill. This small village is famous for its gardens with spectacular views and its thrivign cultural scene. Do not miss the opportunity to visit Villa Cimbrone or Villa Rufolo, or simply enjoy your time there while sipping a coffee in the local piazzetta. 

You will stop in Amalfi, where you will have time to stroll around or splurge on shopping of handmade Amalfi paper, bottles of local limoncello, and of course ceramics. Visit the historic centre or the striking Cathedral that bears Moorish influences.

You will visit one of the oldest lemon groves in the area where, together with a local guide, you will discover everything about this golden treasure! You will learn how Limoncello is made, have a tasty appetizer and a full course lunch where the main ingredient will be lemon!

You will have a fresh fish appetizer, followed by 2 different pastas and a then a main entrée of fresh fish. Everything will be prepared with the fresh citrus fruits of the Amalfi Coast. You will then finish this scrumptious lunch with a dessert, the famous “Delizia al Limone”, paired with the Limoncello you prepared during your visit! 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Not sure if it is or not, but I'm going to pretend that is Stromboli

20240602_194357_DxO.thumb.jpg.76ba3eb7d40c294b621423a1cd14f66f.jpg

Our first med sailing on the Liberty in her first year, we were in the Steakhouse for dinner and they paused dinner as we sailed by Stromboli which had an active volcano with lava flowing we could clearly see.