Bag delivery/room ready times

On 5/29/2024 at 8:50 PM, shof515 said:

does airtag/title actually work on the ship like that? from what i noticed with mine, all i see is a dot near the cruise terminal

On 5/29/2024 at 8:47 PM, fredflint said:

Put a tracker of some sort Apple Airtag or Tile in each bag, this will ensure your bags are never lost and when they deliver them 12 doors away you can find your bags after dinner.

My 2 cents!

Annmarie’s will tell you your bag is on the ship. It won’t tell you to go 12 doors down to the left. 

also, the AirTag requires Apple iPhones to be connected to the internet to report the position of a device -most will be shut off once you leave the port. 

On 5/28/2024 at 10:16 PM, ChiefMateJRK said:

99.89% of folks just wear whatever they had on to dinner.  IIRC, for this reason, dress codes are ignored on embarkation day.  Do you really hop on a cruise ship and head straight for the pool?  I don't think I've ever seen this.

Yes. I like to be at the pool on the first afternoon. Just to be on the safe side, I always pack my swim suit and a change of clothing in my carry on. On my last cruise on the Bliss I didn’t get my suitcase until very late. It was totally my fault though. The cruise before was also on the Bliss and I had somehow put an old luggage tag on my bag. So my bag was delivered to the wrong cabin. As I said, this was totally my fault, but I was grateful I had properly packed my carry-on and wasn’t stressed about having what I needed for that first day. I love starting my vacation as soon as I get on the ship. 🙂

Last Sunday on the Joy  my room was not ready till 2:45 and my luggage arrived between 5:30-7:00…at least I had AirTag so at least I knew it as on the ship.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kelib said:

Last Sunday on the Joy  my room was not ready till 2:45 and my luggage arrived between 5:30-7:00…at least I had AirTag so at least I knew it as on the ship.

2:30 or so has been pretty standard for the room on my last cruises. I've always had bags arrive before 5:30.

For our last trip we started using small backpacks along with a small carry on and a large suitcase. At the port we have all meds, toiletries electronics etc in the backpack and check the other two with the stevedores. Our cruise last year was in a suite and we were allowed access around 2 and our bags showed up around 4. I don't think being in a suite made any difference in bag delivery as we got ours along with all the rooms around us. We did get twice a day service from the steward.

• Like 2

My last NCL cruise was in March. They announced the cabin availability by deck. I think they started around 1:30ish. It wasn't late enough that I started to wonder what was happening. My luggage arrived before the sailaway.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2024 at 11:22 AM, fredflint said:

You do not need internet to use the find my airtag it can use Bluetooth and  NFC.  we were able to find our bags on the other side of the shop and probably  10 cabins  down two cruises ago.

https://www.apple.com/airtag/

https://support.apple.com/en-us/109021

1. Follow the onscreen instructions and move around the space until your iPhone connects to your AirTag.

2. Follow the distance and direction information that your iPhone displays. Your iPhone also vibrates as you get closer to the AirTag.

• You can tap Play Sound to hear a series of beeps that helps you find your AirTag.

Out of 6 NCL cruises, Cabin ready 2pm on average (1:00 to 3:00 range) and was always announced for whole ship.  Hard to hear announcement in the Buffet, but the big doors are usually kept closed until ready time.  Luggage typically arrived by 5pm, but twice was after 6 and so we did not have ability to change into dinner clothes.