Apex Deluxe Porthole view with veranda

We were recently on a transatlantic on the Apex and had this type of room. I believe they may only be about 8 of them on each side of Deck 6. They were wonderful and the cost was around $1,160 pp. These were not the infinite balconies and I am having a hard time finding them again. I noted they are now included in the veranda category for a higher price, similar to a regular veranda. 

There is a balcony with chairs and a table but the view is not full like a regular balcony. We don't use a balcony much on a transatlantic, so this was perfect. Recommended if you can get it for a lower price. The category is p2.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Markanddonna said:

We were recently on a transatlantic on the Apex and had this type of room. I believe they may only be about 8 of them on each side of Deck 6. They were wonderful and the cost was around $1,160 pp. These were not the infinite balconies and I am having a hard time finding them again. I noted they are now included in the veranda category for a higher price, similar to a regular veranda. 

There is a balcony with chairs and a table but the view is not full like a regular balcony. We don't use a balcony much on a transatlantic, so this was perfect. Recommended if you can get it for a lower price. The category is p2.

We had this booked for our Apex cruise. We ended getting an upgrade to IV.

Was glad we did--we did a cabin crawl & got to see this porthole balcony.

The balcony is so narrow that one cannot sit with the chair facing the opening! 

Personally glad we got the upgrade.

Now, for a dirt cheap price, we could be convinced.

Edited by KKB

Glad we had a DPV on our Apex cruise. Checked out an IV while onboard. We made the correct decision going for the DPV. We have another DPV booked on our September Edge cruise. Same cabin location and cabin number. No issue with the balcony size/configuration.  

1 hour ago, doghog said:

Glad we had a DPV on our Apex cruise. Checked out an IV while onboard. We made the correct decision going for the DPV. We have another DPV booked on our September Edge cruise. Same cabin location and cabin number. No issue with the balcony size/configuration.  

On some cruises, the balcony might be well used. Not really the case on a TA. It was nice to have a place to check the weather and the scenery. 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Markanddonna said:

On some cruises, the balcony might be well used. Not really the case on a TA. It was nice to have a place to check the weather and the scenery. 

All boils down to personal preference. Balconies are great when in port no matter the itinerary and configuration. 

Edited by doghog

5 hours ago, doghog said:

Balconies are great when in port no matter the itinerary and configuration. 

And (in my opinion!) almost a necessity for an Alaskan sailing...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

And (in my opinion!) almost a necessity for an Alaskan sailing...

Agree, We'll be on the Edge for our September Alaskan cruise in a DPV cabin. 

There are two kinds of people I dislike.  People who are intolerant of other people's opinions.  And people who think the infinite veranda was a good idea.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/29/2024 at 12:30 PM, KKB said:

We had this booked for our Apex cruise. We ended getting an upgrade to IV.

Was glad we did--we did a cabin crawl & got to see this porthole balcony.

The balcony is so narrow that one cannot sit with the chair facing the opening! 

Personally glad we got the upgrade.

Now, for a dirt cheap price, we could be convinced.

Not necessarily true that "one cannot sit with the chair facing the opening".  We've done two cruises in a DPV ('23, '24) total of three weeks.  Absolutely able to sit comfortably with chair facing totally forward.

We've had SV, DPV, IV staterooms on E class.   August cruise is back to SV on Beyond.  We like them all 😊.

• Like 3