The Key on Harmony

We are sailing out next week on Harmony and have purchased The Key. I know we each get internet for one device, so here is my question. Can use the login for both my phone and my iPad as long as I’m only on one device at a time, or does it actually only work for the one device? TIA - I’m trying to decide which device to have connected! Any other perks you know of or advice for The Key are also greatly appreciated! We’ve never purchased it before.

Posted (edited)

You can use as many devices as you want, but only one can be logged on at a time.

Otherwise, main perks of The Key are priority boarding, embarkation day lunch in the MDR, delivery of carry-on bags to your cabin, reserved seating area at shows (some good, some not so good), reserved times for certain activities (eg Flowrider), priority for tenders from the ship (but not back again) and upgraded breakfast in the MDR on the final day.

Edited by gumshoe958

6 hours ago, Queencorkle said:

Any other perks you know of or advice for The Key are also greatly appreciated! We’ve never purchased it before.

Unless you got it for about the same price as the internet package, most folks see little value in the rest of the perks. You can cancel till three days out. 

@Queencorkle you will login to the network when you first access the ships wifi.  You will set your sign-in info  with that first access on the initial device you are using.  You account will be limited to one device but you can switch.  To switch you can either log out on the device that was in use and then sign-in on the second device, or if you just go to the second device and sign-in it will ask you about switching devices.  You will have to go the same when you go back to the other.

Some of the other perks are nice, probably the lunch on embarkation being near the top of the list in my opinion, but most of the others are just nice to have not really a need to have sort of thing. 

Happy cruising!

Thanks everyone! We are looking forward to the two meals for sure! This is my retirement cruise, so we got this upgrade along with the drink package and the dining package. We are Diamond members, so we really don’t need the drink package, but we love the “all inclusive” feel!!

• Like 1

We had the key over our Christmas cruise on Harmony last year. As others stated yes you can switch devices on the internet. While I don’t think the key is entirely worth it, we did use the perks and enjoyed them. The embarkation lunch and decoration breakfast were so nice! Not only was the food great, but you didn’t have to worry about reservations or lines! Not worrying about finding a seat at shows was nice too.

11 hours ago, Queencorkle said:

Thanks everyone! We are looking forward to the two meals for sure! This is my retirement cruise, so we got this upgrade along with the drink package and the dining package. We are Diamond members, so we really don’t need the drink package, but we love the “all inclusive” feel!!

If you got the dining package the embarkation lunch that comes with The Key is useless to you.  With the UDP you'll just go to whichever SR is open and eat there.

On 5/29/2024 at 9:47 PM, Gracie115 said:

The embarkation lunch is one of our favorite perks of the Key....so infinitely better than dealing with the buffet that day or ever, for that matter.

You don’t ever step foot in the windjammer on an oasis class ship. Park café is such an awesome spot on the first day. Fresh salad, and sandwiches and hardly anybody

1 hour ago, renza said:

You don’t ever step foot in the windjammer on an oasis class ship. Park café is such an awesome spot on the first day. Fresh salad, and sandwiches and hardly anybody

When we were on Harmony the Solarium bistro was practically deserted during the lunch period.

1 hour ago, renza said:

We used to love Park Cafe but our experience on both Harmony and very recently on Allure was different. Salad was great but the roast beef sandwich was just full of stringy fat and really lousy. We didn't eat more than a bite.  

The embarkation lunch with the Key is very nice and one of the best perks as far as we are concerned.  Internet and special seating at the shows is also very nice.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

We used to love Park Cafe but our experience on both Harmony and very recently on Allure was different. Salad was great but the roast beef sandwich was just full of stringy fat and really lousy. We didn't eat more than a bite.  

The embarkation lunch with the Key is very nice and one of the best perks as far as we are concerned.  Internet and special seating at the shows is also very nice.

Absolutely zero value to us. You still have to get to the show early and those seats are open to anyone five minutes prior.  It’s not like they’re great seats either.  

7 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

We were on last November and my roast need sandwich was perfect , melted in your mouth and I am a picky eater. We cruise suites and key gets similar priority seating for shows. 

9 hours ago, renza said:

Absolutely zero value to us. You still have to get to the show early and those seats are open to anyone five minutes prior.  It’s not like they’re great seats either.  

To each his/her own.  We thought the seats were great, glad they weren't down close to the stage/show area. 

7 hours ago, George C said:

We were on last November and my roast need sandwich was perfect , melted in your mouth and I am a picky eater. We cruise suites and key gets similar priority seating for shows. 

Nice to know, don't think you would have like the sandwich I was given.  I'm NOT a picky eater and it truly was just full of fat.   We like to cruise suites too.... but pricing these days doesn't always make that possible, we find the perks of the Key helps offset some of the loss of perks that a suite gets you. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

To each his/her own.  We thought the seats were great, glad they weren't down close to the stage/show area. 

No, we sit right next to the key people never have a problem getting a seat. We get to shows about 20 minutes early. We never need to purchase two Internet packages. We can always just share one, but we each get two days Internet each for free with diamond plus. Plus, it’s always cheaper to buy two Internet packages under one person with multiple devices so it’s just more money you spend on key. Boarding is so easy on oasis class ships now too. We are usually on in 10 minutes so no need to walk on with key when we’re walking right behind them anyway.  If you are solo then possibly it would be worth it otherwise I don’t find any value.

1 hour ago, renza said:

No, we sit right next to the key people never have a problem getting a seat. We get to shows about 20 minutes early. We never need to purchase two Internet packages. We can always just share one, but we each get two days Internet each for free with diamond plus. Plus, it’s always cheaper to buy two Internet packages under one person with multiple devices so it’s just more money you spend on key. Boarding is so easy on oasis class ships now too. We are usually on in 10 minutes so no need to walk on with key when we’re walking right behind them anyway.  If you are solo then possibly it would be worth it otherwise I don’t find any value.

As I said....to each his own.   You don't find it worthwhile... we do.