New to Princess with obstructed deck 8 ??

TinyG

Hello all,

We have two cruises with Princess, one this year on the Majestic to try it out, and one next year on the Regal.

Question about the balconies. They seem very small in comparison to other lines. Wanting the largest one at a great value. On the Regal which one is better 407 currently booked, or 410? By looking at the deck plans they seem similar, but 407 has the pointed part. Does anyone have a photo of either? Looked at the video online site, and searches on the internet. Thoughts on past stays?

I've booked deck 8 on both cruises based on post read her on CC.

Posted (edited)

I booked E409 for us, which is on the opposite side from E410.

I think 409 and 410 are better than 407 balcony wise, but choosing between 407 and 410 also involves choosing which side is better for your particular cruise (starboard or port).

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TinyG said:

Hello all,

We have two cruises with Princess, one this year on the Majestic to try it out, and one next year on the Regal.

Question about the balconies. They seem very small in comparison to other lines. Wanting the largest one at a great value. On the Regal which one is better 407 currently booked, or 410? By looking at the deck plans they seem similar, but 407 has the pointed part. Does anyone have a photo of either? Looked at the video online site, and searches on the internet. Thoughts on past stays?

I've booked deck 8 on both cruises based on post read her on CC.

Did you look at "cruisedeckplans.com"?

This was our deck and view in E407 on the Royal Princess last month. We pushed both the chairs to the side to maximize our glacier viewing when not outside. We always book these cabins. The pictures you see on cruisedeckplans may be mine, lol.

IMG_3385.jpeg

IMG_3383.jpeg

IMG_3384.jpeg

IMG_3455.jpeg

IMG_3456.jpeg

• Like 1

If you look at the deck plans on the a princess website, you will have the visual. We only book the larger balconies and it really depends on the ship.

1 hour ago, sunviking90 said:

This was our deck and view in E407 on the Royal Princess last month. We pushed both the chairs to the side to maximize our glacier viewing when not outside. We always book these cabins. The pictures you see on cruisedeckplans may be mine, lol.

IMG_3385.jpeg

IMG_3383.jpeg

IMG_3384.jpeg

IMG_3455.jpeg

IMG_3456.jpeg

Thank you @sunviking90 yes, this is what I was hoping to see. I like being Starboard. It looks very nice! We just came back from Alaska (17th) on the Edge. Beautiful!

• Like 1