Noise from elevator

nightime

11 minutes ago, PRH said:

6058 is our favorite cabin.  Close to elevators and stairs, quiet.  Viking turns off the elevator notification bell at 9pm, BTW.

Just curious, as this fits into the discussion on this thread.  6058 appears to be across from elevator lobby.  Are the deckplans wrong on this deck also or  do you prefer to be that close to the elevators?  Assume the mirror cabins on Starboard side are just as preferable?  Always good to get different points of view.  

On 6/2/2024 at 3:47 AM, CCWineLover said:

for those who don’t mind deck 5….

It is little known that the forward elevator lobby as NO rooms opening onto the lobby.  We are in 5028.  Both it and 5030 (along with the starboard 5031 and 5029) have doors that face the wall.  Despite the Viking deck plan diagram which wrongly shows them facing the elevator.

Trying to understand your point.  If the Viking deck plan has the staterooms you noted in the wrong location (vis a vis the elevator) are 5044, 5046 and 5048 also not directly across from the launderette? I'd love to book that location if not for that. Thanks for your help!  

1 hour ago, Islander500 said:

Trying to understand your point.  If the Viking deck plan has the staterooms you noted in the wrong location (vis a vis the elevator) are 5044, 5046 and 5048 also not directly across from the launderette? I'd love to book that location if not for that. Thanks for your help!  

I'm becoming dazed and confused by this whole thread.  Must be our first serious heat wave-106 yesterday!!  Wine Lover (thank you again) gave me the answer I needed so will check out until she posts her document.😆 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ready to Sail! said:

Just curious, as this fits into the discussion on this thread.  6058 appears to be across from elevator lobby.  Are the deckplans wrong on this deck also or  do you prefer to be that close to the elevators?  Assume the mirror cabins on Starboard side are just as preferable?  Always good to get different points of view.  

Yes, 6058 is right at the elevator lobby and under the grill “kitchen supply” area.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2024 at 12:46 PM, PRH said:

Viking turns off the elevator notification bell at 9pm, BTW.

On our cruise in May I think someone forgot to turn off the notification bell.  We were in 7018 and it was a common complaint from our long term neighbours in 7016 and 7014.  If we had known it was a possibility,  probably a trip to guest services would have taken care of it.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, millybess said:

On our cruise in May I think someone forgot to turn off the notification bell.  We were in 7018 and it was a common complaint from our long term neighbours in 7016 and 7014.  If we had known it was a possibility,  probably a trip to guest services would have taken care of it.  

Good to know!  Guess we were lucky that our notification bell turned off at 9 as scheduled this past trip!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, millybess said:

Thanks.  We will be in 7016.  Good to know about the 9 pm turn off.  I will indeed be one to complain if it is not turned off and wakes me up.  😉 

Edited by island lady

42 minutes ago, island lady said:

Thanks.  We will be in 7016.  Good to know about the 9 pm turn off.  I will indeed be one to complain if it is not turned off and wakes me up.  😉 

Yes, well you would think between the 6 of us we could have figured that out. lol. Anyway it’s good info for the next time. 

• Thanks 1