LIVE B2B CARNIVAL JUBILEE JUNE 8-JUNE 22 2024

Ok, finally got home 20 min ago. So remember when I said we were starting to feel better....by the time i got into Jacksonville this morning i was pretty miserable. I just tested + for you know what.

Im gonna take a nap, i will finish my review when Im not so spaced out!

• Like 5

On 6/23/2024 at 5:14 PM, CAC104 said:

I hope you feel better soon.  Do you have to notify the cruise ship or airline?

no, you are no longer required. The CDC guidelines are that it is treated like the flu or rsv. dont have  to quarantine but recommended that you isolate for 24 hours after fever has broken- However I have sequestered myself to my room, just took some more  meds, have been in bed all day today and since I got home yesterday.

hopefully tomorrow I will be on the mend

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, CAC104 said:

Its hard to believe that covid is on the ships.  I haven't heard of anyone getting it anymore where I live.

I hope you feel better soon.  

Judging by the amount of coughing and hacking on the ship, I'm not surprised. Have cruised several times since the restart and have been lucky so far until now. 

Edited by Prometheus1
addendum
  • Like 2

Okay so, got the restaurants reviewed, I did not attend any shows, excursions..

Only did one excursion in Cozumel and that was the Mexology class by jose cuervo- so much fun! gathered at the meeting place, bracelets placed on wrists and herded to the taxis. Welcome drink at Dolphinaris and then walked to where our class was held. Carlos was our instructor and he was so wonderful, funny. We made 4 different drinks and guacamole. Choice of entrees for lunch (the food was just ok but the ceviche rocked!) Very cool to look over the dolphin pools. I would do this again in a heartbeat!

Crowds-yes elevators are small, hot and crowded, I found that walking to the forward elevators helped instead of mid ship. Smart elevators would be very helpful on this ship.

Crowds on deck 8 around meals or when people getting back from port in the afternoon  as the pizza place became very busy and because deck 8 is a thoroughfare.

Also deck 8 has the marina bar and you can get coffee from there instead of java blue 

Edited by Prometheus1
addendum
  • Like 5

Security- I saw a lot of security stationed around the ship. Other than the incident at the steakhouse with the lady screaming at another patron for saying something about her kid climbing under their table, I did not witness any fights, or altercations but most evenings I was in bed early. 

Room Steward- he was very kind and promptly brought an extension cord when I asked but they have a lot of rooms to do and little things like empty glass not picked up etc..

Room Service- I did not use

Cruise Director- I'm not one to get into the cruise director thing but, Kyndall is a ball of energy! 

I saw her a lot while walking around the ship, she always said hi and absolutely exudes positive vibes!

Debark- Chose to pick up luggage once off the ship. Luggage tags were sent to the room. Went early to the designated lounge (actually went to the wrong lounge but it was okay per staff) and was off the ship by 8:30a.

Would I go out of Galveston again? Maybe, not for a short cruise but for a longer cruise. Galveston express was cheap and convenient, easy to book but be aware that the email tells you to wait in one spot (I think 4) but the shuttle waits about 100 feet from that spot in the shared shuttle spot at 5. I did not take Galveston express back, but would in the future.

I'm far enough from some of the ports in florida that if I can hop a cheap flight that will work better than driving especially because Brunhilde doesn't fit in small parking spots. I know there is a direct flight from Tallahassee to Miami thats cheap and I may hop on that next time I go out of Fort Lauderdale or Miami instead of driving.

Jacksonville is the closest port to me but right now there are only short cruises going out of there. That will change in 2025 as Norwegian cruise lines will begin cruising from Jacksonville and will have some longer cruises.

Did I miss anything? My head is still a bit congested so I may have missed something.

Thank you everyone who came along for the ride, I will hopefully be doing another live in October.

• Like 7

18 hours ago, CAC104 said:

Its hard to believe that covid is on the ships.  I haven't heard of anyone getting it anymore where I live.

I hope you feel better soon.  

Covid is not going anywhere.  We had a land trip last fall of about 45 people and 8 came back with it.  Here to stay, we just care less now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Frank12 said:

It's pretty much like catching a cold anymore.....

Especially if you're on a flight. Came home from a land vacation in Florida 3 days later DH came down with it and 3 days later I got it. Bad cold and cough and fatigue. 

Edited by Lorey2007
  • Like 1