Extend your stay - no food?

28 minutes ago, Oxo said:

If it is not important to you, then it does not apply to you. Others find it very important and thus it affects them. If there is no additional food, what are people paying $100 for? 

There is food..but this doesn’t apply to North American sailings

23 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Incorrect info. 

Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 9.33.42 AM.png

Thanks for posting this. Too bad you didn't post it earlier so all the others would have seen this and not provided erroneous info.

However, is this current and valid now and on all ships?

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Thanks for posting this. Too bad you didn't post it earlier so all the others would have seen this and not provided erroneous info.

Key wording there, certain ports and ships.  Reading is fundamental.   The available ports for this service are clearly stated. 

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

If it is not important to you, then it does not apply to you. Others find it very important and thus it affects them. If there is no additional food, what are people paying $100 for? 

Anyone who thought this didn’t include food isn’t thinking it through…ask yourself, self, have I ever been stopped and queried heading into the buffet? 

Seems like a stowaway risk and an undue logistical issue to have disembarking passengers still onboard while new passengers are embarking. 

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

This is however the 'old' offer, at the price I mentioned of +- 70 dollars, with the NA drink package and a different rate for retreat guests.

They changed the offer quite recently and in the description on the app or on the website they don't mention the food option.

Anyways... i'm sure that if we book it (because of our late flight), we won't die from starvation and that we'll be able to get lunch at the oceanview cafe. The response from the X-rep is weird, but hey... at least he answered 🙂.

13 minutes ago, IDL said:

Seems like a stowaway risk and an undue logistical issue to have disembarking passengers still onboard while new passengers are embarking. 

It goes on at many ports all over the world, people embarking and disembarking at various ports..not like we do it here..

21 minutes ago, asctony said:

How could he have said it differently?

Thanks for posting this.... 

Is this current and valid now and on all ships?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jwlane said:

Wow!  Shoot the messenger.

Thanks for your comment. However, my point was that if this was posted earlier, many people would not have chimed in and giving erroneous info. 

With Celebrity making changes on the fly, who know what they are doing and what is current?

Everyone has an opinion. That was mine. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Difiroa676 said:

This is however the 'old' offer, at the price I mentioned of +- 70 dollars, with the NA drink package and a different rate for retreat guests.

They changed the offer quite recently and in the description on the app or on the website they don't mention the food option.

Anyways... i'm sure that if we book it (because of our late flight), we won't die from starvation and that we'll be able to get lunch at the oceanview cafe. The response from the X-rep is weird, but hey... at least he answered 🙂.

Hello,

I go back to my post of 11 hours ago and raise the question or clarification of "They changed the offer quite recently and in the description on the app or on the website they don't mention the food option." I have searched the main Celebrity site and Celebrity Blog site and can't find anything 'recent' other than that posted on P1. Can you post that to which you are referring?

Regards,

Cublet

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I go back to my post of 11 hours ago and raise the question or clarification of "They changed the offer quite recently and in the description on the app or on the website they don't mention the food option." I have searched the main Celebrity site and Celebrity Blog site and can't find anything 'recent' other than that posted on P1. Can you post that to which you are referring?

Regards,

Cublet

This is the current price and description of the Extend your stay that we can reserve.

As I stated, a bit over a month ago it was on the conditions that someone posted here (lower price, NA drink package, another rate for retreat guests,...). 

Hope these screenshots from the app help you on the clarification part.

The last part is missing in my screenshot, but it just mentions a wifi downtime of approx 1 hour during the day.

Screenshot_20240604_214106_Celebrity.jpg

Screenshot_20240604_214124_Celebrity.jpg

Screenshot_20240604_214136_Celebrity.jpg

Edited by Difiroa676

Hello,

I see, so this was an option in the cruise planner or on the excursions page(s) that is why I could not see it on the X websites.

I think this is emphasising the extra 'benefits' now given with the old (food) taken as read. I also think, not for the first time, the agents in Guatemala are talking rubbish.

One thing I did find where there is a contradiction is that items/services could be bought during your extra time using your credit card on the day and did not have to be booked and prepaid before the cruises ended.

Regards,

Cublet

28 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I see, so this was an option in the cruise planner or on the excursions page(s) that is why I could not see it on the X websites.

I think this is emphasising the extra 'benefits' now given with the old (food) taken as read. I also think, not for the first time, the agents in Guatemala are talking rubbish.

One thing I did find where there is a contradiction is that items/services could be bought during your extra time using your credit card on the day and did not have to be booked and prepaid before the cruises ended.

Regards,

Cublet

This offering is not available for bears or their offspring, sorry. 

On 6/4/2024 at 12:40 AM, Nightowl11 said:

Darn.  I don't see it.  We will be on an Alaskan cruise and our last port is Vancouver, Canada. In the future, and if we happen to be on a ship that offers it, can you sleep in, or do you have to be out of your cabin?  What is the absolute latest that you can leave your cabin? 

To my knowledge it is not available on US cruises.

18 hours ago, IDL said:

This offering is not available for bears or their offspring, sorry. 

Hello,

Wot?

No hunny??

Regards,

Cublet

Posted (edited)
On 6/4/2024 at 9:45 AM, indy406 said:

Just guessing here, but maybe no food is available for extended stay passengers because the crew shuts down the OVC and other dining venues for cleaning, etc., between cruises. 

Back to back guests are all able to be onboard and new passengers are often boarding late in the morning and have lunch available.

We had it booked in Singapore earlier this year and it was cancelled leaving us scrambling for a last minute plan. In the future, I’ll stick with booking a day room at a hotel. 

Edited by Torfamm

Posted (edited)
On 6/4/2024 at 1:32 AM, Saab4444 said:

This is nonsense as there is indeed no check on who goes to the buffets. You just might not be able to book a specialty restaurant anymore.

Non-retreat guests wouldn't be able to do that for lunch on embarkation day in any case.  See "Inclusions" in the pdf attached to a following post.

Edited by canderson
points to further post

On 6/4/2024 at 1:58 AM, Difiroa676 said:

Furthermore there was a difference between Retreat guests and other cruisers. It also mentioned that you could use all public facilities (like the buffet).

Now there is only one fixed price for all guests ...

For Royal and above, there's no charge.

On 6/4/2024 at 5:29 AM, 1Virgo said:

We asked about extend your stay on the Ascent last week of March, in Fort Lauderdale . Even being a Retreat guest, the answer was No.  

We were told they stopped offering this

They did stop.   During COVID.  The program restarted in selected ports in 2023.  Check the date on the following Celebrity brochure:

CEL_06_30_23_FLY_Extend_Your_Stay.pdf

6 minutes ago, canderson said:

They did stop.   During COVID.  The program restarted in selected ports in 2023.  Check the date on the following Celebrity brochure:

CEL_06_30_23_FLY_Extend_Your_Stay.pdf 901.23 kB · 0 downloads

Know that.  Believe the question was posted about a FLL debarkation which is why I posted as of the last week March 2024, even being  in Retreat, answer was NO. Not done in N A. Only in a few ports in EU pretty much.   

On 6/4/2024 at 9:42 AM, PTC DAWG said:

Key wording there, certain ports and ships.  Reading is fundamental.   The available ports for this service are clearly stated. 

Present - Rome (Civitavecchia), Barcelona, Venice (Ravenna) and Athens (Piraeus) are included.  Perhaps they'll add back more in the future?

2 minutes ago, 1Virgo said:

Know that.  Believe the question was posted about a FLL debarkation which is why I posted as of the last week March 2024, even being  in Retreat, answer was NO. Not done in N A. Only in a few ports in EU pretty much.   

"They stopped offering this" was rather a blanket statement by X staff, unqualified with any location, and for a period of time in recent history, was entirely correct as stated.

But this is no longer accurate.  Many don't realize that this program has returned, but is limited to ports in Spain, Italy and Greece.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if some of the X folks aboard your ship in FLL were also unaware of this. 

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

"They stopped offering this" was rather a blanket statement by X staff, unqualified with any location, and for a period of time in recent history, was entirely correct as stated.

But this is no longer accurate.  Many don't realize that this program has returned, but is limited to ports in Spain, Italy and Greece.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if some of the X folks aboard your ship in FLL were also unaware of this. 

please reread what I said.  Not available in Fort Lauderdale. A big NO.