New (to me) version of NCL "sale"

Today I spotted a new (to me at least) version of "sale" on the EU site. Not 35%, or 50% but "up to €1400 off".

To my <sarcasm> huge surprise <sarcasm> the price on some cruises I checked are exactly the same as yesterday when the old "sale" was running. 

Gotta love their marketing creativity. 😁 And gotta love the "up to" that they really don't elaborate on as far as I can tell. 😮

• Haha 1

Yes, that is the NCL way, and I'm pretty sure the other lines as well.  I have an app called Shipmate that has a price-tracking feature.  I'm not 100% sure if it's accurate?  It just notified today my cruise dropped 6% so I've asked my PVP to look into that for me to see if that's true.  If others know of a better app, I would be all ears!

we are booked on the sept 26th sailing on the prima. final payment date was may 29th. wouldnt you know it, the price of our cabin went down $1,000 on may 31st.by the way, regardless of how ncl calls their sales, check the prices and they are almost the same no matter the so called "sale".

i 1st noticed this a few years ago while i was watching the prices. they advertised a 50% off sale starting in a few days, guess what? prices were exactly the same, i even posted a few years back under the heading when is a sale not a sale. im not that thin skinned, but what really annoys me about the ncl advertising is the FAS offer of "free shore excursions" yeah! right

• Like 1

9 hours ago, complawyer said:

we are booked on the sept 26th sailing on the prima. final payment date was may 29th. wouldnt you know it, the price of our cabin went down $1,000 on may 31st.by the way, regardless of how ncl calls their sales, check the prices and they are almost the same no matter the so called "sale".

i 1st noticed this a few years ago while i was watching the prices. they advertised a 50% off sale starting in a few days, guess what? prices were exactly the same, i even posted a few years back under the heading when is a sale not a sale. im not that thin skinned, but what really annoys me about the ncl advertising is the FAS offer of "free shore excursions" yeah! right

If your fare went down after final payment, try calling NCL (or your TA) and you may be eligible for a one-time Future Cruise Credit  for the difference. We had that happen and they gave us a $600 FCC good for a year after our cruise ended. 

coin ops, thank you, that's exactly what we did and my wife and i both got $500 FCC.

i knew we could do this, but personally, i think its a lousy way to do business, although  im quite aware that this happens all the time in various businesses, just like buying a car.

the fact that ncl did this after only 2 days seems like a smack in the face

Over the course of a year I have seen the cruise I booked drop 4k between a real price drop and different sales. And yes I have made hay with my savings.

Posted (edited)

I have never really received a big savings, if any, via the different sales. Most of the time I find the price has increased since I booked.  I figure that means I already got the best deal when I booked.

Edited by reeinaz

This new EU "sale" is a mess! Prices has gone up A LOT now. I (and my PCC) suspect NCL web page is erroneous. (<sarcasm> surely it can't be an NCL IT issue <sarcasm>)

I expect prices to go back to "normal" (meaning the price it has been during the 35% an 50% "sales"), but at the moment they are way off.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Languageman said:

I signed up for Shipmate. How do you find the part where you get notified about price changes?

Add your cruise(s) to the app.  Then tap your cruise and you’ll see an option to be notified of price changes.

IMG_0703.jpeg