LIVE: Geoherb's solo Island Princess cruise, June 4-14, 2024 (Halifax, Boston, Norfolk, Charleston)

geoherb

10 hours ago, geoherb said:

I'm home after a long day in Philadelphia. I was tempted to take the train into the city to see some of the sights, but I decided to relax at my hotel most of the morning. I walked from one end of the airport terminal to the other and had a cheesesteak at Chickie's & Pete's. It was very good. The guy beside me at the counter had a huge order of fries. That was the only size offered. I decided against them and for a bowl of chicken tortilla soup. 

I just had to get a laugh that you managed to find a Chickie's and Pete's while you were stuck in Philadephia. Even though you didn't try them their crabfries are a true Philadelphia delicacy! I'm glad you finally made it home. We were delayed some at LGA but managed to get out before the storms wreaked havoc with the airport.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@geoherbI know you're off the ship now, but can you tell me if the Island has the usb plug-ins on the bedside lamps?  And what type of outlets were in the rooms?  We're trying to figure out electrical stuff for our July 5 sailing.  Thanks so much!

Edited by pompeii

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, pompeii said:

@geoherbI know you're off the ship now, but can you tell me if the Island has the usb plug-ins on the bedside lamps?  And what type of outlets were in the rooms?  We're trying to figure out electrical stuff for our July 5 sailing.  Thanks so much!

I was just on the same cruise as geoherb, they do NOT have USB outlets on the bedside lamps.  They also do not have any extra plugs by the bed tables.  They had the standard plug set up near desk/mirror console that was the light switch, two standard US outlets, and the corded telephone all next to each other.  There are two European outlets behind the beds.  I used one by unplugging one of the lamps, and using an adapter to plug in the thing I wanted to charge on the bedstand.  

Edited by dreams_of_travel
clarifying specifics
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

We will be with you on your cruise...

@Rick&Jeannie - enjoy your cruise! 

Please report back your experience on the Island Princess if you have the time.  Thanks!

13 hours ago, geoherb said:

If the itinerary and price were right, I would. I'm hoping the drydock in September will give them time to fix the plumbing problems. The leak that flooded my cabin affected just five cabins. The other plumbing and HVAC problems and maintenance lasted just a few hours. 

Thanks. I appreciate your thoughts. 

I filed my claim with Aon yesterday (Sunday) for the cost of my hotel and meals due to missing the connection in Philadelphia last Friday. I received an email this evening letting me know my claim had been approved. Wow! That's great customer service.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, geoherb said:

I filed my claim with Aon yesterday (Sunday) for the cost of my hotel and meals due to missing the connection in Philadelphia last Friday. I received an email this evening letting me know my claim had been approved. Wow! That's great customer service.

Did you have to have any paperwork from the airline to prove you missed your flight?  If so what was it?

47 minutes ago, phabric said:

Did you have to have any paperwork from the airline to prove you missed your flight?  If so what was it?

I took screenshots of the flight info from American Airlines website showing my flight's arrival times. Here's an example. I also uploaded the PDF of my original flight schedule.

2024-06-14 American Airlines flight delay AA4744.jpg