Travel Money Cards

Hi all,

Just wondering whether I can use a travel money card to pay onboard for our account?

I am interested in particular with Cunard, but also Princess.I have excess US dollars left over from a recent trip and hoping to use this to pay for our account on Cunard. Princess also is of interest, but not as much as we can always use AUD.Thanks

I would think that any ship that uses US$ would accept payment via any card even a cash card and I think I saw on a recent Travel Guides programme they used a Moneyhoz cash card but not sure if it was on the cruise part

6 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

I would think that any ship that uses US$ would accept payment via any card even a cash card and I think I saw on a recent Travel Guides programme they used a Moneyhoz cash card but not sure if it was on the cruise part

Thanks

We have used CBA travel money cards for OS travel for 10 years, for purchases and taking cash from ATMs. The main use has been to pay our onboard account on RC cruises, using pre-loaded US$.

We were advised that 'money-cards' can be used on cruises as long as they have a name on them.

Advice at the time was that the pre-bought 'anonymous' money cards bought from retail outlets would not be accepted onboard. We have never tried so I can't comment on that.

We have registered our cards on-line ahead of the cruise each time, just like we would an A$ regular credit card, and have never had a problem.

• Like 1