First formal night - what happens?

Posted (edited)

@No Sea Legs!

each ship varies slightly on the production shows times. I believe rock opera might be the first production show on formal night ,but again you’ll have to check the time prior to your dinner reservation if possible or whatever time you decide to dine. Most dinners in the dining room for two people at their own table,take anywhere from one hour to an hour and 45 minutes depending on if you tell the servers you’re in a hurry -sometimes that matters ,sometimes not. Some of the production shows are around 8 o’clock and then around 10 PM ,again it varies from ship to ship. 
Sometimes its better to plan your day the day before or the morning of and see what you want to do activity wise. There can be a lot of conflicts depending on what you feel like doing that day. If you don’t care about the champagne waterfall or seeing the captains speech, then you could schedule dinner at that time,so that you make it to the production show later in the evening .So many choices .

Hope you find out from somebody on the Sky Princess from now until when you cruise or just wing it and wait till you get onboard.

Edited by arizonaperson

1 minute ago, arizonaperson said:

@No Sea Legs!

each ship varies slightly on the production shows times. I believe rock opera might be the first production show on formal night ,but again you’ll have to check the time prior to your dinner reservation if possible or whatever time you decide to dine. Most dinners in the dining room for two people at their own table,take anywhere from one hour to an hour and 45 minutes depending on if you tell the servers you’re in a hurry -sometimes that matters ,sometimes not. Some of the production shows are around 8 o’clock and then around 10 PM ,again it varies from ship to ship. 
Sometimes its better to plan your day the day before or the morning of and see what you want to do activity wise. There can be a lot of conflicts depending on what you feel like doing that day. If you don’t care about the champagne waterfall or seeing the captains speech, then you could schedule dinner at that time,so that you make it to the production show later in the evening .So many choices .

Hope you find out from somebody on the Sky Princess from now until when you cruise or just wing it and wait till you get onboard.

Thank you...I think we will be winging it! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

this ... booked the mdr on SUN P yesterday for the dress-up, picture night on our cruise.

We took 5:30

5:30. That is shower time not food time.  LOL. Thank all the people who want to watch the picture ops and leave the bars open pre dinner for us 

• Haha 1

The 8 of us were on the Regal for the first time earlier this ship. It had been about 20 - 24 years since I had done the "original" champagne water tower (still have great pictures from that time), and wanted to do it again after all those years, and I was able to do it once again, although the picture was not as good as years ago. The tower is NOT as high as before, and they use plastic (I know they are not glass) glasses now. The reason for this, when the ship would move with the waves, the tower starting falling down, and that is why they made changes in it. I think it started around 6:30 when they introduced the captain/staff and then the champagne tower.