1st day jet lag

8 hours ago, Joanne G. said:

I used to feel like that.  I bought a visitor Oyster card for a land vacation in London in 2022.  I reloaded it a couple times during that trip, and I reloaded it again during 2 pre-cruise visits in 2023.  Last month on a pre-cruise visit, I used the remaining balance and then started using a credit card (one with no foreign transaction fees).    So much easier!  No trying to guess how much to load on the card given the variable rates for Tube rides.  I don't know why I resisted using a credit card for so long.  

As for turning the card into a souvenir magnet after your trip, I'll say London souvenir shops have all kinds of magnets to choose from LOL.  I have one that's a replica of the Abbey Road street sign. 😁  But I did find a use for my Oyster card - it worked in the slot by the cabin door on my ship where I was supposed to put my key card in order to keep the electricity functioning in the cabin.

Regarding jet lag, what works for me is to simply power through the arrival day, regardless of the fact that I barely sleep at all on planes.  I resist the urge to nap, and instead I get out and do something, get some exercise and fresh air, go easy on coffee and alcohol, have an early dinner, and then go to bed as close to normal bedtime local time as possible.  Excitement and adrenalin help keep me going.  When I follow this routine, I am fine the next day.   A nap on arrival day just prolongs a messed-up sleep/wake schedule for me. 

Jet lag for me is much worse upon arriving home.  I have no solution for that except to accept that it will take me several days to get back on a normal sleep/wake schedule.   

I also try to power through. DW, OTOH, often insists on taking a nap. I think it is the worst thing she should do, but I have learned that the worst thing I can do is to try and argue with her. 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 3