Amazon kids tablet

Hey guys!

My cruise leaves in 3 days. My son has a Amazon kids tablet. Will we be able to connect him to the ships wifi to download anything while on the ship? 

I remember having to go through the app on my phone to connect to the internet. At least I think that was my princess cruise 🤣

16 minutes ago, Clarkulator said:

Hey guys!

My cruise leaves in 3 days. My son has a Amazon kids tablet. Will we be able to connect him to the ships wifi to download anything while on the ship? 

I remember having to go through the app on my phone to connect to the internet. At least I think that was my princess cruise 🤣

If you have a WiFi plan yes. Otherwise no as far as I know

47 minutes ago, Clarkulator said:

Hey guys!

If he can connect, he'll likely be limited on what he can do. The Amazon tablets aren't very friendly with anything that isn't Amazon.

Welcome,

my experience with an Amazon Kindle is that it can't handle the web "splash" page needed to log onto ship's WiFi (where you have to input cabin and birthdate). The embedded web browser throws an error or hangs.  

The Princess app works for your phone but not for tablets that need a "compatible" browser to sign in.

May have to wait for a port where your phone can be a hotspot.  (I use a "travel router" to connect to ship's WiFi, can you get one via Amazon overnight?)

We always get the Plus package and my DH always uses his kindle for internet.   I have heard that books must be loaded prior as they don’t load when on the ship.   No problem reading them when they are loaded

I had the Plus package last year on the Caribbean Princess and was able to download episodes of shows to my Kindle fire. (To watch offline in case when I wanted to watch, the internet was wonky) It was slow going but it worked.