The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday June 6th, 2024

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

Sadly our city has suffered a catastrophic water main break, feeder to well over one million  people.  We are on the highest restrictions.  No watering. No showers or baths or washing dishes or laundry.  Praying it resolves quickly. 

Oh gosh - so sorry. I hope they're able to make repairs quickly. Hugs and prayers.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

Many a time I paged through the book that was compiled to show the history of his 3rd Armored Division.

DSC05444.thumb.JPG.c687252071d0072e9474ef0a0f6f7834.JPG

DSC05448.thumb.JPG.82c2575b6d720dea7035f9ea0eac49d8.JPG

My dad was also in the 3rd Armored Division. I'm pretty sure I have that same book and his VFW hat. His unit was one of the first to enter Nordhausen, one of the last concentration camps. He had nightmares for many years.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 7

20 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Dailyites 

I was the first in line this morning at the clinic. The wound is infected. Doc cut away the shaggy skin and irrigated. Found little bits of debris. All wrapped up now and waiting to have blood work. Thank you for thinking of me.

Thank heavens you went to have it cared for !  I hope it can now heal quickly and you will be pain free very soon 🙏 

7 hours ago, bennybear said:

Sadly our city has suffered a catastrophic water main break, feeder to well over one million  people.  We are on the highest restrictions.  No watering. No showers or baths or washing dishes or laundry.  Praying it resolves quickly. 

Oh my heavens!  The same thing has happened to a friend in Calgary!  What’s going on with these water mains?

I sure hope that they have yours fixed fast.  Those water restrictions are tough 😢 

Annie @marshhawk I’m glad to hear that yesterday’s visit was productive.  Hopefully things can be resolved easily.  Hugs to you both 🙏 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

My dad was also in the 3rd Armored Division. I'm pretty sure I have that same book and his VFW hat. His unit was one of the first to enter Nordhausen, one of the last concentration camps. He had nightmares for many years.

The 3rd Armored Division was quite active post-war. Did your father attend any of the annual conventions? I think I was brought along to about three or four. Other families brought their children so it was a good vacation.

• Like 2