Looking for information on activities onboard the Navigator

We are trying to decide on our next cruise and are thinking of taking a step up to Regent, the Navigator in particularly.  We think we'd enjoy the much smaller number of passengers but wonder what activities and entertainment will be going on.  On previous cruises (Princess, Celebrity, Royal, NCL) we enjoy things such as trivia, game shows, comedians, magicians, and performers. I'd love to know what we could expect on a 7 day Caribbean cruise with Regent.  Thank you.

Posted (edited)

Honestly, I love Navigator, but I wouldn't sail her on a 7 night Caribbean unless it was a really good deal.  Navigator is very limited as to activities on board.  When we sailed on her it was a 40 night very port intensive itinerary.  She is almost like a "large yacht" in that she's very intimate, you get to know the crew (and they get to know you), you meet or talk to most everyone on board (at least on a long cruise), but really she's great for itinerary based cruises where you really just want to unwind quietly in the evenings preparing for another day ashore.  Sea days were "rejuvenating" days for us, to "catch our breath" after many days in port.  

Navigator has only one specialty restaurant, Prime 7, along with Compass Rose and Sette Mari.  They do one show per night (which is fine, but not anywhere near the level of Royal Caribbean, etc. or even Regent's newer ships), and on our cruise some of the orchestra would come up to the lounge and play from around 10pm to midnight so you could dance or have music for late night drinks.  On sea days they had all the typical "games" that the other ship have.  And there was Trivia every day.  But that was it for entertainment.

When we go to the Caribbean we go for the "party."  That means large ships with many venues and lots of entertainment choices. But that's personal preference.  

If you are just "trying Regent out" to see what it's like, then you will get the "Regent experience" in terms of service, food, and bars.   But be aware, Navigator is the "step child" of the fleet.  Totally different layout and much fewer "bells and whistles," especially when compared to the 3 new ships. And be aware of booking an aft cabin.  She does vibrate in the aft section!!!!!    

Also keep in mind we all have our own personal opinions.  This is simply my opinion and will likely differ widely from others.  😎

Edited by papaflamingo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our first cruise was on Navigator, 13 years ago to Alaska.   We loved it.  It was small,  a little quiet for my taste, but we keep going back to Regent because the food and service are very good and I don’t need to show a badge to get a drink!  

We haven’t done a cruise to the Caribbean,  because I just assume fly to one island and lay on a beach when we go there!   Keep in mind,  school holidays,  you could have some kids.   I don’t have a; issue with that, but plenty of people do!  

• Thanks 1

We really enjoy the Navigator, have done 4 cruises on her and wouldn't hesitate to do her again for the right itinerary.

You might want to look at the number of sea days, since the Navigator is small as stated above, not alot of activities.  Enough to keep me happy, but you might want more.

What I consider the good things about Navigator:

• Their lowest priced suites are larger than other Regent (except Voyager) ships
  • It is small enough you can get to your suite quickly
  • You get to know the crew and they get to know you.
  • While she only has one specialty restaurant (Prime 7) I consider this the best.

And then all the other great things that Regent offers.

• Like 1