What is a Prime Veranda?

We just signed up for an Alaska Cruise on the Celebrity Summit. The cabin is 7155 on the Port side of the ship. What is a Prime Veranda? We wanted a midship room, but not Aqua Class or Concierge cabin. Thanks for the information.  

13 minutes ago, pattyj 1204 said:

We just signed up for an Alaska Cruise on the Celebrity Summit. The cabin is 7155 on the Port side of the ship. What is a Prime Veranda? We wanted a midship room, but not Aqua Class or Concierge cabin. Thanks for the information.  

Prime just refers to the location on the ship. It is still a regular veranda cabin in the more desirable location.

1 hour ago, RTShaker said:

Prime just refers to the location on the ship. It is still a regular veranda cabin in the more desirable location.

As a result, it also typically is the most costly sub-category stateroom of the category,

Like RTShaker said it's a regular veranda cabin in a more desirable location, and as leaveitallbehind said it is typically more costly sub-category.  It depends if you feel the extra is worth it for the location.  I'm prone to seasickness and in my case the prime (aqua) class cabins were more midship rather than being too far aft or forward.  Despite the extra cost the Prime was better for me.

Thanks for the additional information-I've been to Alaska several times and didn't suffer with seasickness like I did on our Australian cruise. That was miserable.  Guess we won't be changing cabins as we are midship on deck 7. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pattyj 1204 said:

Thanks for the additional information-I've been to Alaska several times and didn't suffer with seasickness like I did on our Australian cruise. That was miserable.  Guess we won't be changing cabins as we are midship on deck 7. 

The Bay of Alaska can be very rough on some sailings.  Make sure to pay attention to the Captain's sea forecasts.

Also remember you can get a one category upgrade with Captains Club (all levels?  I honestly don't remember).  So you may be able to book a regular veranda and get a free upgrade to a Prime Veranda.  I believe they are considered the same "category" in that respect.