Does Oceania do anything special on Christmas Day?

the mice

5 hours ago, Robjame said:

The Christmas cruise is one of those that is marked as a single or combined cruise, December 17 to December 27 or (combined) December 17 to January 3. The combined cruise does go to Mexico on December 29 and on January 1. 

More to the point - where are you finding the culinary classes? We are on the Vista combined cruise December 17 to January 3 and the culinary classes have not been posted yet to our Oceania account. I think usually these are posted 6 months out, when final payment is due. Perhaps things are different for you but our final payment is not due until July 20.

Maybe you are booked on an earlier cruise, before the 17th - 3 one, that gives you access to culinary classes earlier.

We are on December 17-27.  In Manage This Booking choose Other Options.  I first noticed them a couple of weeks ago. 

Classes on December 18 (Passport to the New World - we signed up for this).  There is a 8-10 Dessert Party class on December 22 (Guadalupe), Mexican Fiesta classes on Christmas and Brunch Comforts on December 26.

I was hoping they would do the Red Ginger one but not offered.  Culinary Center on Vista is fabulous.  Did 2 classes last November.  Unfortunately, had to cancel our Asian cooking class on Riviera in February once I got severe bronchitis, since I didn't want to give it to anyone else. 

13 hours ago, the mice said:

We are on December 17-27.  In Manage This Booking choose Other Options.  I first noticed them a couple of weeks ago. 

Classes on December 18 (Passport to the New World - we signed up for this).  There is a 8-10 Dessert Party class on December 22 (Guadalupe), Mexican Fiesta classes on Christmas and Brunch Comforts on December 26.

I was hoping they would do the Red Ginger one but not offered.  Culinary Center on Vista is fabulous.  Did 2 classes last November.  Unfortunately, had to cancel our Asian cooking class on Riviera in February once I got severe bronchitis, since I didn't want to give it to anyone else. 

Thanks so much for posting this. I followed up with Oceania this morning and they insisted that the Culinary classes have not even been released yet for that voyage. (I know how they get mixed up). When I quoted your knowledge of specific dates and classes they changed their story and said it is not released until final payment, which for me is not until July 20.

So I will toss this in the lap of my TA and let her sort it out.

Thanks again and we look forward to meeting you on board.

16 minutes ago, Robjame said:

Thanks so much for posting this. I followed up with Oceania this morning and they insisted that the Culinary classes have not even been released yet for that voyage. (I know how they get mixed up). When I quoted your knowledge of specific dates and classes they changed their story and said it is not released until final payment, which for me is not until July 20.

Do they show up in your online account?  We have a cruise in June, 2025 and about two weeks ago, much to our surprise, the culinary classes showed up when in our account. We booked 2 classes online.   The appropriate credits were taken from our account and we received confirmation email.  Final payment on this cruise is in January.

3 hours ago, EJL2023 said:

Do they show up in your online account?  We have a cruise in June, 2025 and about two weeks ago, much to our surprise, the culinary classes showed up when in our account. We booked 2 classes online.   The appropriate credits were taken from our account and we received confirmation email.  Final payment on this cruise is in January.

Ha, we leave in July and the culinary classes still haven't shown up.

52 minutes ago, JRIH said:

There doesn’t seem to be a set date. We also have a cruise in October and those classes showed up a week before the June 2025 cruise. Just have to be vigilant and keep checking as never know when they may appear. 

Just as a reminder,  the culinary classes are found in an "odd" place.  When you go to "manage bookings", culinary classes are found under "other options" (not dining and not excursions)

• Like 2

On 6/10/2024 at 7:28 AM, Robjame said:

Sort what out?

And honestly what would you like a christmas cooking class to include. Fruit cake perhaps?

9 minutes ago, clo said:

Sort what out?

And honestly what would you like a christmas cooking class to include. Fruit cake perhaps?

Did they say they wanted a Christmas cooking class specifically?? I think what they want sorted out is they see no classes at all available for their cruise from 12/17-1/3.  Whereas someone else is on the first leg of their extended cruise (12/17-12/27) and  already have access to classes. 

• Thanks 2

On 6/10/2024 at 2:13 PM, JRIH said:

As a follow up, we contacted our TA and she was back to us within the day with an apology from Oceania plus the listings of the culinary classes and the wine pairing dinners. They were not in our Oceania account for whatever reason.

You may want to check with your TA or ask in your roll call. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/10/2024 at 9:28 AM, Robjame said:

2 hours ago, Robjame said:

As a follow up, we contacted our TA and she was back to us within the day with an apology from Oceania plus the listings of the culinary classes and the wine pairing dinners. They were not in our Oceania account for whatever reason.

You may want to check with your TA or ask in your roll call. 

This should be a quick lesson for those that insist on booking directly with Oceania and fail to see the benefit of a good TA. But from what I've seen some of those folks never learn and never will. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, janecambridge said:

We were in an Oceania  suite Xmas 2022.we had this broken old gingerbread house delivered as you see it! 

Construction mishap 😁!

And OMG - what did you do with it?  Seems like a nice thought but a little sweet to actually eat. (and I have a sweet tooth... well, actually a full set). 

9 hours ago, the mice said:

Construction mishap 😁!

And OMG - what did you do with it?  Seems like a nice thought but a little sweet to actually eat. (and I have a sweet tooth... well, actually a full set). 

we didn’t eat it, goodness knows where it had been and for how long! 😂

• Haha 2