Emerald, Ama, Avalon or Scenic

mamakore

1 hour ago, bfamily9 said:

Reply to post #19, Edzee. I realize that docking in Honfleur must be important to you. My ship didn't dock at Honfleur, but I am guessing that it is a rather small site. Many of the larger towns and cities have multiple docking sites. Although the cruise companies pay port fees which are allocated to each local jurisdiction, once scheduled, the local authorities determine where the cruise ships dock; in most cases, usually not more than 1 to 2 days before arrival. The ships may schedule arrivals at a specific site, but it could change due to local conditions. Viking has dock sites that they have constructed for their own use in many, usually smaller locations, and so they can be assured that they will dock there.

18 minutes ago, Canal archive said:

To dock in Honfluer the vessel must confirm to extra specifications some concerned with the waters sailed on to reach the town. The maritime crew have to achieve extra qualifications and if they have the complete package they don’t have to pick up a pilot in Rouen. As I said before only a few companies have the required agreement to dock a river cruise vessel in Honfluer.

The inner port is indeed small – which makes the sail in (in reverse) really fun to watch.  And while Honfleur is a bit touristy during the day, being docked there means you get to enjoy it with the locals after all the (other) tourists have departed, when it becomes a really cute French town with great restaurants.