LAX to San Pedro

On 6/9/2024 at 1:53 AM, CCWineLover said:

For those able to drive to the port in San Pedro (we live just up the California coast so no air needed) . . .

Have any of you parked your car there?  Is there a facility?  I seem to remember that some friends parked at the cruise terminal, but can't remember about price and availability.

Thanks!

Expensive. $20/day.

We drive to our cruises the day before and stay at the DoubleTree. For longish cruises, it's cheaper. DoubleTree used to allow free parking for the length of a cruise. Our longest was 43 days. The cruise port parking lot was a definite...NO. DT has changed their policy and now charge $10/day (the last time we stayed there)...I think we broke it. 😂

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Expensive. $20/day.

We drive to our cruises the day before and stay at the DoubleTree. For longish cruises, it's cheaper. DoubleTree used to allow free parking for the length of a cruise. Our longest was 43 days. The cruise port parking lot was a definite...NO. DT has changed their policy and now charge $10/day (the last time we stayed there)...I think we broke it. 😂

Thanks for the insight!   We've stayed at the Doubletree before (not for a cruise, however), but for visiting friends in Palos Verdes, so I know where it is.  Had not thought of that.  How did you get to the ship and back?  Uber/Lyft?   $10 might still not be so bad.  Will have to check.

52 minutes ago, CCWineLover said:

Thanks for the insight!   We've stayed at the Doubletree before (not for a cruise, however), but for visiting friends in Palos Verdes, so I know where it is.  Had not thought of that.  How did you get to the ship and back?  Uber/Lyft?   $10 might still not be so bad.  Will have to check.

Free shuttle to the port and any where you want to go within (2 miles?). When you book the hotel, book the pkg for cruises...IIRC it's called something like "cruise and snooze". There's also a pkg that includes breakfast. 

The breakfast pkg isn't a good deal for us as we frequently share 1 breakfast.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Free shuttle to the port and any where you want to go within (2 miles?). When you book the hotel, book the pkg for cruises...IIRC it's called something like "cruise and snooze". There's also a pkg that includes breakfast. 

The breakfast pkg isn't a good deal for us as we frequently share 1 breakfast.

DT used to be a great place to stay at pre pandemic because of the proximity to the port and the free parking. I just checked the rates. The daily fee is $20 plus tax. Comparing the packages it looks like the price difference between an overnight stay with breakfast and an overnight stay with breakfasts and 7 day parking also works out to about $20/day for parking. We parked at the port parking lot in April for a four day cruise and the total came out to $80. 

29 minutes ago, Torquato said:

DT used to be a great place to stay at pre pandemic because of the proximity to the port and the free parking. I just checked the rates. The daily fee is $20 plus tax. Comparing the packages it looks like the price difference between an overnight stay with breakfast and an overnight stay with breakfasts and 7 day parking also works out to about $20/day for parking. We parked at the port parking lot in April for a four day cruise and the total came out to $80. 

That's disappointing.