Sun Princess Cabana Cabin Balcony Glass

lhsail

Posted (edited)

As the prev. post mentions, there should be no problem with any number of 'extra people' on the Cabana Decks'..   I do not think they are adult only, so it seems that any children who are in these cabins could also be on the Cabana Decks.  Hopefully not a big problem.  

Also, the bed/sofa configuration is alternating...  This makes the cabins fit together like a jigsaw puzzle.  Every other one will be 'bed by the entry' and every other one will be 'sofa by the entry'.

I would choose a sofa by the entry.  The bed will be inset in the widest part of the layout.

This way, the cabin seems more open at the sliding door.  The closets. sofa, and counters would all be together.

It is easy to see when looking at deck plans.    And, there are a lot of photos.

You can also tell whether the bed faces forward or backward when sailing, by where the inset is the widest in the cabin.   That will be the 'headboard'.

Edited by Wishing on a star

1 hour ago, Wishing on a star said:

As the prev. post mentions, there should be no problem with any number of 'extra people' on the Cabana Decks'..   I do not think they are adult only, so it seems that any children who are in these cabins could also be on the Cabana Decks.  Hopefully not a big problem.  

Also, the bed/sofa configuration is alternating...  This makes the cabins fit together like a jigsaw puzzle.  Every other one will be 'bed by the entry' and every other one will be 'sofa by the entry'.

I would choose a sofa by the entry.  The bed will be inset in the widest part of the layout.

This way, the cabin seems more open at the sliding door.  The closets. sofa, and counters would all be together.

It is easy to see when looking at deck plans.    And, there are a lot of photos.

You can also tell whether the bed faces forward or backward when sailing, by where the inset is the widest in the cabin.   That will be the 'headboard'.

Unfortunately I need the bed as close to the bathroom as possible. It’s an over 50 thing lol. Plus I like the couch near the balcony so if the weather isn’t great, as is often on transatlantics, I can still enjoy the view throughout the day from indoors. 

3 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

Unfortunately I need the bed as close to the bathroom as possible. It’s an over 50 thing lol. Plus I like the couch near the balcony so if the weather isn’t great, as is often on transatlantics, I can still enjoy the view throughout the day from indoors. 

We currently have the bed by the balcony. Failed to realize this was now a thing on Princess, have experience with it on Celebrity. Much prefer the sofa by the balcony in case of inclement weather. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

The Princess website also tells you if the sofa or the bed is closest to the entry when you click on a cabin and the "Details" window pops up.  As for the direction of travel, we like to sit facing forward while sitting on the sofa.  The sofa always is placed on the same wall as the headboard.  So the way the ship is configured, if the bed is nearest the entrance (and bathroom), those cabins will have both the bed and the sofa facing the direction of travel. (This is the layout that we insist on.  We like to be near the balcony when we are on the sofa so that we have a view, and we like to face forward.  If the sofa is by the entrance, you can't really see anything and we would never use the sofa.)   If the sofa is closest to the entrance, then the sofa sits "backwards" to the direction of travel as does the bed.  

Edited by JimmyVWine

Yes,  the layout is a big personal preference.  Either way!!!

We have not taken the longer cruises with tons of sea days...  We find that we spend very very little time on the sofa.   I like the feel of the cabin opening up out towards the balcony, and not feeling more closed in...  as the room is more narrow where the sofa is at.

DH is usually the early riser...  He can pull open the drapes, and I can already be able to look out and see what the weather and port situation is for the day, just by sitting up in bed!!!

28 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

I like the feel of the cabin opening up out towards the balcony, and not feeling more closed in...  as the room is more narrow where the sofa is at.

Your preference makes perfect sense as well.  As for us, our lifestyle typically includes wine on the sofa watching the world go by every day!

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Yes,  the layout is a big personal preference.  Either way!!!

We have not taken the longer cruises with tons of sea days...  We find that we spend very very little time on the sofa.   I like the feel of the cabin opening up out towards the balcony, and not feeling more closed in...  as the room is more narrow where the sofa is at.

DH is usually the early riser...  He can pull open the drapes, and I can already be able to look out and see what the weather and port situation is for the day, just by sitting up in bed!!!

Doesn’t it wake you up if he opens the drapes or goes out on the balcony when the bed is right there? I’m the early riser so I like leaving him in the dark while I go outside lol.

Edited by vjmatty
Typo

So, I’m back to being totally confused. I checked availability today for the three cruises that make up our 23 day sailing. Sold out for the middle cruise, but for the other cruises there are a few cabana minis available. And, now I am seeing the Cabana Deck minis. This was not a category I could bid on. In my opinion, the deck plans show these as Reserve, but they are just shown as Cabana Deck if booking. Seems I should have been offered to bid on three classes is that’s the case: Cabana Mini, Cabana Deck Mini and Reserve Cabana Mini. About ready to pull my bid as I feel like I have no idea what I’m bidding on. It should not be this murky. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, lhsail said:

So, I’m back to being totally confused. I checked availability today for the three cruises that make up our 23 day sailing. Sold out for the middle cruise, but for the other cruises there are a few cabana minis available. And, now I am seeing the Cabana Deck minis. This was not a category I could bid on. In my opinion, the deck plans show these as Reserve, but they are just shown as Cabana Deck if booking. Seems I should have been offered to bid on three classes is that’s the case: Cabana Mini, Cabana Deck Mini and Reserve Cabana Mini. About ready to pull my bid as I feel like I have no idea what I’m bidding on. It should not be this murky. 

You are correct that before October 14, the Deck 9 Minis should be sold as Reserve Class Cabana Deck Minis with access to both the shared space and the Reserve Dining room.  BUT...it is possible that since they are doing away with the Reserve perk after October 14, they are not extending that perk to people who bid for an upgrade.  If you pay full price for an available Reserve Class Cabana, then you would get the perks.  But maybe they are pulling back the perks for people who pay a lesser amount through the bidding process.  

• 2 weeks later...

So I am looking at information on the deck plans on the Princess website https://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=SU

We are in a cabana deck mini suite on deck 9.   When I click on this is no longer shows reserve collection but shows that it enjoys suite upgrades and benefits.   This is the stateroom we booked and hoping this is correct.   It would be awesome if it is.  

Sun Princess 9301.JPG

Posted (edited)

Princess has been working with these deck plans.  I don't know if they are even showing available when you pull up the Sun Princess on the website.

By the link you posted, it looks like ALL of these cabana-Minis have that mention of 'SUITE benefits'   But when you click on that cabin, the description does NOT have that language.

There is something going with these deck plans and cabins at Princess.

In fact, I clicked to see the Minis on Deck 10,  and it says.  Deck Plan unavailable, and "No passenger staterooms on this deck".

Looking at the Deck Plan before Oct. 14,  I don't think any of them are showing 'RESERVE'.   

I would doubt that Princess is suddenly going to make every Cabana-Mini on Deck 9 a 'Suite'.

We have all been seeing that Princess has been very inconsistent and like the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing.    Changes after Changes...  Delays, etc....

I don't know if I would put a lot of weight to that one mention, especially since the full cabin description does not mention 'Suite'.

• Like 1

You're very correct re "what is going on " with these deck plans/cabins. All week, when I pull it up it is showing in red, no cabins or an issue. I occasionally got the same when I clicked on a different category, so assumed it was their web site. 

The web site and agents are stating conflicting info, so who knows??

I'm booked in one of these, and thinking of pulling the plug due to this confusion. After all these years, you would think Princess has the product down pat?? 

Posted (edited)

Unfortunately,  no, they do not.

The issues with the roll-out of this ship and all of the ongoing on-th-fly changes is just too apparent.

3Shelaghs, Do you have a specific cabin booked?  Was it 'RESERVED'

You are sailing AFTER October 14?

Princess is now in a situation where anyone who booked RESERVE, before the announcement, would be having a perk, that they had booked and would be paying for, disappear.    

(maybe just include the Signature/Sanctuary dining?  Which might be top Deck 8, of the MDR.)

Princess has created a huge, huge, mess with all of this.

It seems that something is going on, but I don't know if I would be concerned.

I would not cancel yet, and let all of this settle out - assuming you are not at Final Payment.

You don't know if the dust will settle in your favor.

I think they will stay the same with the Cabana Deck Cabin access to the Cabana Cabins.

I am not sure if any Cabana Deck Cabins are going to be 'Sanctuary Club Class'.

Other Mini-Suites were re-categorized as Sanctuary, but I don't think I remember any of the Cabana Deck Mini's (on Deck 9)  being changed.

• Like 1