June 17 MDR Reservations

Cruzbw

10 minutes ago, doghog said:

My Magic 8 Ball says, "cannot predict now". 🎱

I would have thought that the process of which dining room on which ship would already be sorted. Really it shouldn't be a problem as obviously those that prefer set time dining will book whichever of the two times suit them best. Those that want to walk in, don't need to do anything. The only issues that may arise is if a shop has three dining rooms, one allocated for each type of dining and you then have say only a few wanting set times, buy a large amount wanting anytime you may have one dining room empty and another one that cannot cope. A way around this would be for Princess to firstly ask for those wishing to have a set dining time. That way they would then only have to worry about the other two dining options. If for instance the walk in was full they could always push customers to the anytime dining room.

44 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

The actual "switch" to the new system will simply be a couple of mouse clicks on the Princess side.  The system will simply point to a new database...which has most certainly already been loaded up and tested.

Tested? Past experiences don't show that Princess understands this concept. 😉

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

I would have thought that the process of which dining room on which ship would already be sorted. Really it shouldn't be a problem as obviously those that prefer set time dining will book whichever of the two times suit them best. Those that want to walk in, don't need to do anything. The only issues that may arise is if a shop has three dining rooms, one allocated for each type of dining and you then have say only a few wanting set times, buy a large amount wanting anytime you may have one dining room empty and another one that cannot cope. A way around this would be for Princess to firstly ask for those wishing to have a set dining time. That way they would then only have to worry about the other two dining options. If for instance the walk in was full they could always push customers to the anytime dining room.

Whether we select TD or DMW, we like to select what MDR, time and two top long before we set foot on the ship. Hopefully 17 June is the date we can rebook our dining preferences. 

2 hours ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

I would have thought reservations would be able to be made from midnight. Whether we will be privileged to the information as to which restaurant is providing which service before the 17th I don't know. But it seems like an awful lot of information will have to be provided for each ship and for booking to take place as I would imagine everyone will be trying to find out all on the 17th.

Those two points are what I'm wondering about - what time and which restaurant will be handling with type of dining. I'm wanting a table for two in early traditional, and who can tell how popular that option will be. I'm guessing pretty popular.

56 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Tested? Past experiences don't show that Princess understands this concept. 😉

they understand it to perfection with a solid, knowledgeable beta testing group of veteran cruisers at the right price for Princess...  🤑 😈 🦄 🥂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

The actual "switch" to the new system will simply be a couple of mouse clicks on the Princess side.  The system will simply point to a new database...which has most certainly already been loaded up and tested.

Did you forget this is Princess IT.

• Like 1

Just now, AZaTaz said:

Did you forget this is Princess IT.

That post was made *somewhat* tongue-in-cheek.... 😄

Switching a database pointer *should* be very simple...and whether or not it was tested remains to be seen!

• Like 1

The challenge is the number of folks trying to make reservations at the same time. It may not be an enormous problem since most folks can't make reservations until fully paid but there are still a lot of folks who are going to want to make reservations.  I wouldn't be surprised to find the system really slow on June 17 and maybe for a couple of days after.

6 hours ago, FLAlaska said:

Ah, alas, Princess seems to often make the simple, complicated LOL

And even when able to make DMW reservations, it’s been my experience that all of them can suddenly disappear…poof! 🫥

On 6/12/2024 at 12:28 AM, Cruisemeister2002 said:

I can book Speciality Dining, but MDR dining won't be available to book before the 17th June. I presume that those wishing to dine at different times will be able to then use the App and for those like myself who wishes to dine every evening at 8.15 I will be able to access that option. Which presumably we will know which of the three MDR's we are allocated.

Booking dinner at 8:15 each night means you miss both of the main entertainment shows in the theatre doesn’t it?