Pool side lounger hogs

19 minutes ago, Markanddonna said:

Totally agree.  I thought it was a valiant effort to tackle an irritating problem. This was the nastiest group I have ever traveled with. I'm just saying that the guard was the tipping point to this group of entitled bullies.

That would've been worth bringing to the attention of Guest Services -- you're talking about a group of guests bullying the lifeguard.  

17 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

Absolutely right, but calling someone out when they are clearly in the wrong is a sure way to get them angry. 

The above poster used the right word:  Entitled.  Nobody likes such people. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

Absolutely right, but calling someone out when they are clearly in the wrong is a sure way to get them angry. 

"Ain't that the truth!"

3 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

Totally agree.  I thought it was a valiant effort to tackle an irritating problem. This was the nastiest group I have ever traveled with. I'm just saying that the guard was the tipping point to this group of entitled bullies.

I hope you gave him a write up as one of the crew who helped make your cruise special. He deserved a commendation, not the attitude from the bullies.

On 6/10/2024 at 11:04 AM, navybankerteacher said:

I and a few people I know have occasionally played vigilante:  when leaving a lounger and having noticed nearby ones “reserved “ for some time  by draped towels, books, etc. we remove such items and leave them on a nearby vacant table.  

I've read that before and think it's superb. If the ship would provide a table (preferably against a wall) then you're not putting their 'stuff' on the 'ground.'

4 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

On one of my cruises, there was a pool chair policeman in the adult area. I saw a very heated discussion with a man who wanted to claim multiple chairs at 6:30 AM. The crew member was large, and I doubt many wanted to mess with him. He won that round. The end result was a hostile group of passengers, and for a few days, it was like a mutiny on the bounty. People were angry. 

As Mother used to say, "good riddance to bad rubbish." Gotta wonder how those people were raised.