Solo Silversea vs. Regent

PacificView

I recently completed my first solo cruise on Regent's Voyager and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.  As a first time solo traveler, I was a bit nervous at first, but Regent did an outstanding job making solo travelers feel comfortable.  For example, each evening there was an organized cocktail hour for solo travelers, after which many of us would head to dinner together.  Later this year I have a solo cruise booked on the Muse and I'm wondering what the experience will be like as a solo traveler.  If you have traveled both lines as a solo, I would love to hear about your experience.  

• Like 1

I haven't cruised Regent but what you describe there is pretty much what happens on Silversea.

I have over 500 days solo on SS and can assure you that they treat solos very well.

• Like 2

Good morning, I agree with Jolly and have been sailing solo on SS since 2017. They also offer drinks every night in one of the lounges for solo guests. Many times folks will go to dinner together as well. That depends on what people want to do of course. 

I think solos are treated very well and hope you have a great cruise😀

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, PacificView said:

I recently completed my first solo cruise on Regent's Voyager and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.  As a first time solo traveler, I was a bit nervous at first, but Regent did an outstanding job making solo travelers feel comfortable.  For example, each evening there was an organized cocktail hour for solo travelers, after which many of us would head to dinner together.  Later this year I have a solo cruise booked on the Muse and I'm wondering what the experience will be like as a solo traveler.  If you have traveled both lines as a solo, I would love to hear about your experience.  

I also mostly travel solo; just as @Lois R and @jollyjones have noted Silversea treats solos very well.

Edited by mchell810
  • Like 1

I agree with the other posters.  Going on my third Silversea later this year, Silversea treats 

solo travelers very well.  On longer journeys, had 2 male dance hosts. One is able to meet more people and also free to join the group or not on any evening.  Much better than past experiences on Princess, Crystal and Cunard.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just got off the Spirit.  There were non-hosted Solo cocktail times and no hosted dinners.  Very different than my previous Silversea cruise and certainly nothing like the positive experience I have had on multiple Regent cruises.   I hope this is a one off experience but not really sure.  Have a TA in Dec on the Ray which could very well be my last Silversea experience.  My 2026 cruise was just canceled - see post on new president in this forum for reason- and I think they may have done me a favor.  Getting the refund and not FCC.

• Thanks 1

I hope that your experience was, in deed, a one off.  My husband and I sailed (and loved) Silversea.  But now that I'm sailing as a solo, the way that a line treats us is really quite important to me.  I hope that my solo cruise on the Muse will be as good as my experience on Regent.  That will be a high bar to clear, as the Regent cruise was really wonderful.  I'll come back to this post and let you know how I feel once my Muse cruise is complete in mid January.  

• Thanks 1