TxTeach79's Pearl European Adventure LIVE - 6/24

I... I feel like we were just here...

ANYWAY, It's almost GO Time! 

Norwegian Pearl | Built by MEYER WERFT in Papenburg

Well, this time around @HelloItsMeB will be along for the adventure! How much we get from her? VERY much TBD....

I'll be updating the background running up to this journey as we go, so stay tuned and follow along if you're so inclined - it'll be a long, rambly, photographic mess, per usual. 

We booked several months ago, this sailing is a 10 day Mediterranean RT from Trieste. The website says Venice (Trieste), but we know what that means. We are 48 hours from flying Air France DFW-CDG-VCE, so gotta scramble....

• Like 44

I feel like we were just here because as some of you know I just got off a 10 day on Carnival Venezia last week....

(I love that a "Bar Cruise Cash" icon is the cover image. It fits.)

I turn Gold this sailing, and to get there I returned to NCL for the first time in eight years in March on a quick 4 day shorty on the Sun....

And of all my other LIVEs, the other one I'm going to link is last year's 12 day western Europe on Carnival Pride, a great cruise that inspired us to jump back to the other side of the Med this summer:

• Like 12

14 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

I... I feel like we were just here...

ANYWAY, It's almost GO Time! 

Norwegian Pearl | Built by MEYER WERFT in Papenburg

Well, this time around @HelloItsMeB will be along for the adventure! How much we get from her? VERY much TBD....

I'll be updating the background running up to this journey as we go, so stay tuned and follow along if you're so inclined - it'll be a long, rambly, photographic mess, per usual. 

We booked several months ago, this sailing is a 10 day Mediterranean RT from Trieste. The website says Venice (Trieste), but we know what that means. We are 48 hours from flying Air France DFW-CDG-VCE, so gotta scramble....

I like to keep the fans wanting more…

😂😂😂

• Like 11
  • Haha 31

Excited for this one!  My favorite cruise EVER was a western Med cruise.  We had another one booked for the summer of 2020, but we all know how THAT went! We hope to book the Med again in 2026, when a friend retires and wants to treat his family to a big cruise. Being the (unofficial) cruise planner of the group, I'm always on the lookout for experiences of others, both good and bad. Let's have at it!

• Like 5

Well, well...welcome back to the Norwegian boards! I failed at keeping up with your Venezia sailing. I'm hoping to do better here! The NCL crew is a wee bit more reserved than that Carnival crowd, even though plenty are quickly making their way here for the next few days! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

6 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Well, well...welcome back to the Norwegian boards! I failed at keeping up with your Venezia sailing. I'm hoping to do better here! The NCL crew is a wee bit more reserved than that Carnival crowd, even though plenty are quickly making their way here for the next few days! 

oh, we’ll see what we can do about that 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 16

So, the itinerary we originally booked is here:

IMG_2215.thumb.jpeg.7ed11938befdb5493bb2839e05d50d06.jpeg

Then, a couple months later, NCL sends us this. Basically we lost Venice and Zadar, and replaced them with Rijeka and Dubrovnik. 

IMG_2216.thumb.jpeg.15111b080f7ab8650710b98a4985977a.jpeg

• Like 13

Present!

I so want to do a med cruise and specifically go to Venice, but DH is not about those long flights and doesn't have a big desire to go to Europe (he's already been). So for now, I'm living vicariously. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, maluhia87 said:

Are you planning on spending any extra time in Venice since they cut that stop? 

Yes - we have one night post cruise in Venice. Wish it was a little longer, but some of us (B) have real grown up jobs 

• Like 9
  • Haha 10

This live is going to be a tag team affair with the "Queen 🐝" and her "Worker 🐝".  Double trouble compared to Paul's Live from the Venezia.

Let the good times roll in Europe, especially with Paul able to have 16+ drinks.

• Like 6

She’s currently sailing on a Piraeus-Trieste itinerary. Checking in, she’s recently left Dubrovnik en route to Kotor. Hey, we’re going to those places!

IMG_2221.thumb.jpeg.8a79675161cb5ed94b14af08e0a7c8de.jpeg

• Like 17

36 minutes ago, SenatorsFan said:

I can't believe it's been 10 years since I sailed on Pearl! I look forward to following along and hope you 2 have a great adventure. 😁🥂

Same here. I know from my parents' pics from a more recent sailing that the ship was completely remodeled inside and looks much nicer than it did back then. I loved it, though.

• Like 5