Grand Turk Cruise Center -- free for cruisers?

IUSteve

I've come to understand that Grand Turk is a private island for Carnival. I'm on Celebrity Apex, which is scheduled to stop there in January.  Looking at the "Grand Turk Cruise Center" (https://www.visittci.com/grand-turk-cruise-center), I couldn't tell -- is the complex's beaches, pool, etc., for the use of passengers of whatever ships happened to be docked?  My cruise's excursions didn't list any sort of day pass specifically for the "cruise center."  Yet is also didn't appear to be a public pool and beach.  Thanks! 

Yes, the beach and Margaritaville pool are free. Well located Loungers get snapped up early, especially if you are on the second ship to dock. 

Retail shops, food and beverage, and umbrella rental further up the beach will incur costs.  

I am sure the people of the Turks and Caicos Islands would disagree that their home is a "private island" for Carnival. Yes, the dock and the resort at the dock was built by Carnival. But the island and the country are a British Overseas Territory.

8 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

I am sure the people of the Turks and Caicos Islands would disagree that their home is a "private island" for Carnival. Yes, the dock and the resort at the dock was built by Carnival. But the island and the country are a British Overseas Territory.

Thanks.  I thought so too.  But I was just going by the official description of this forum, which includes Grand Turk as a "private island."