Is there always a big difference in price for the drink and internet package if you don't add it to the original booking

I just booked a 4 night cruise on Reflection for this Sept. I booked the fare that included the internet package and classic drink package which worked out to be $50 pp  per day. Imagine my shock to see the price if I waited to add it after I booked to be, $72pp per day for the drink package and $30 a day for internet.  That is a huge difference.  Is there always such a big difference or did I just get lucky?

Depends on your CC status. We are Elite plus and get 240 free premium internet minutes which is plenty for us. I usually book the alcohol package when it goes on sale. Depending on the room you book the AI price changes. Do the math before you book.

Most of the times Yes, I booked a Cruise to Norway for next Year, thought I try someting different, All In was $790 Cad extra per person. Classic drink pkge now starts at $93.00Cad + Gratuitis per day per person. I sure hope I can catch a good sale, not to mention Internet.

Up front bundling is almost always better. If you are still outside of final payment, you may be able to reprice…always look at the big picture when repricing..

You could show people a side by side comparison if All Included versus doing Cruise Only and purchasing drinks and WiFi a la carte with any associated discounts. The amount of people that still choose to spend more and book Cruise Only is very surprising. 

1 minute ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

You could show people a side by side comparison if All Included versus doing Cruise Only and purchasing drinks and WiFi a la carte with any associated discounts. The amount of people that still choose to spend more and book Cruise Only is very surprising. 

Math is hard for some folks..

Funny thing... We were doing some preliminary cruise shopping for 2026.  Celebrity had some nice 6 day Caribbean cruise on Silhouette in a concierge class balcony for 780 € per person. With "all-inclusive" it was 1400€ per person. We are three persons ie me, wife and our daughter (at that would be 14 yrs). Now the even more funkier web site stuff happens... That 1400 € All included had classic drink packages+wifi for three of us so total 3*1400=4200. With non ai aka basic cruise was 780*3= 2340. So with our Captains club discount the premium drink package would be about 1000€ for two of us and classic drink package about 900€... Why on earth I would take a classic drink package when the price difference is that low? And taking either of those drink packages would be still cheaper than the "All included" version... The kid does not drink soda etc so no need for a drink package for her. And wifi does not matter that much to us as we both have company provided mobile phones with big data usage plans (even if roaming outside of EU)

This pricing was Celebrity Cruises  Finnish/EU website from about two weeks ago. Sadly I didn't take any screenshots because this was so utterly idiotic that my brain died at that moment.

I am doing a short / cheap cruise (3 nights) and there was not a huge difference. I am not sure if I am correct but I believe the total AI fare is non refundable (?) where you can cancel your drink and WiFi upgrade 2 days before the cruise. 

My cruise fare was only $270 PP and it was about $210 to add the AI so would have been $480. Worse case and something comes up last minute I'd rather have the lower non refundable cost and pay a bit more for the upgrades. 

I recently added the Premium Drinks on sale for $57/night PP and Wifi was $23 ish I think so $240 vs the orginal $210 and we got "Premium" beverages. Although I was also confussed on the taxes/fees/tips on the AI vs the upgrade.