Virgin Voyages "What were they thinking?"

Cloud9 Bob

1 hour ago, kaysha2004 said:

Not putting a hammock on EVERY balcony.

There are a small number of cabins there the attachments are not available to support the balcony.  This is due to the curvature of the hull.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cantgetin said:

There are a small number of cabins there the attachments are not available to support the balcony.  This is due to the curvature of the hull.

That's a design flaw and should have been rectified before construction.  I would be very unhappy if I paid for a Sea Terrace with no hammock.  The very least Virgin should do is discount those cabins.

Just now, kaysha2004 said:

That's a design flaw and should have been rectified before construction.  I would be very unhappy if I paid for a Sea Terrace with no hammock.  The very least Virgin should do is discount those cabins.

Completely agree.  These cabins should also be noted to not have a hammock during the booking process.  Yes, there is a list where we can find them, but we shouldn't need to verify.  VV should make it obvious.  It sounds stupid, but the hammock is one of the things that makes VV better than other lines.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

Completely agree.  These cabins should also be noted to not have a hammock during the booking process.  Yes, there is a list where we can find them, but we shouldn't need to verify.  VV should make it obvious.  It sounds stupid, but the hammock is one of the things that makes VV better than other lines.

Where can I find that list?

Posted (edited)

to clear its not that that there is nothing out there, its just more of a love seat (single person and chained to the floor so it doesnt move all that much).  I had one of those rooms last fall, the tradeoff was the room was larger.

I believe these are only the rooms at the far bow end of the ship (as as said where the ship is tapering both forward and up.)

Edited by CastleCritic

5 hours ago, bbelle59 said:

And why aren't there any beverage stations elsewhere on the ship besides the Galley on Deck 15?  Self serve coffee and soda should be more convenient.  

You can just go to any bartender and ask for soda though.

5 hours ago, bbelle59 said:

And why aren't there any beverage stations elsewhere on the ship besides the Galley on Deck 15?  Self serve coffee and soda should be more convenient.  

You can get water, soda, and I think juice at many locations.   I do think the grounds club should have complimentary coffee and tea available - either self serve of served by staff.  Plenty of room for that in that area.

I also think it's strange they don't have drink service in the red room like they do on other lines. 

58 minutes ago, Travel-and-See said:

You can get water, soda, and I think juice at many locations.   I do think the grounds club should have complimentary coffee and tea available - either self serve of served by staff.  Plenty of room for that in that area.

Do any other cruise lines offer free drip coffee at the coffee bar?

58 minutes ago, Travel-and-See said:

I also think it's strange they don't have drink service in the red room like they do on other lines. 

They used to have the full bar in the Red Room open for Untitled but now it’s only used if the Scarlet night party moves indoors.  Now they seem to go for the easy route of just the can bar for most shows.

5 hours ago, jon81uk said:

They used to have the full bar in the Red Room open for Untitled but now it’s only used if the Scarlet night party moves indoors.  Now they seem to go for the easy route of just the can bar for most shows.

On my first cruise, they had free drinks for Untitled.  Definitely helps to loosen up the crowd! 

7 hours ago, Travel-and-See said:

I thought Virgin didn't want to be like the other cruise lines? 😉 haha

But they still want to make money selling the barista made coffee I guess!

29 minutes ago, creef1014 said:

The definitely need late night cookies and ice cream availability.

The whole late night snack scene is really disappointing IMO

We go to Grounds Club during the afternoon to see which cookies they have and get some for the night if they have the good ones.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, creef1014 said:

The definitely need late night cookies and ice cream availability.

The whole late night snack scene is really disappointing IMO

They did have cookies in the Galley until midnight on our last trip which was a welcome change compared to the sweet and pastry counters previously closing at 10pm.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jon81uk said:

But they still want to make money selling the barista made coffee I guess!

It would just be a nice service for the guests 🙂 - I'm also surprised they don't offer a single origin or specialty blend drip (for $) at the coffee bars.  I remember a guest asking for a Red Eye and the Barista arguing with him (argue is a strong word... but it was an odd conversation) that they make a red eye with Cappucino and water.  That's of course not a red eye. haha. I guess he could get the coffee from the buffet and make it himself... deconstructed red eye! haha

9 hours ago, cantgetin said:

We go to Grounds Club during the afternoon to see which cookies they have and get some for the night if they have the good ones.

Which ones are the good ones?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, GlitterFemme said:

Which ones are the good ones?

Personal choice...choc chip, macadamia nut.  I don't care for the oatmeal. Peanut butter is OK.  THey had different choices on different days.

Edited by cantgetin
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Travel-and-See said:

It would just be a nice service for the guests 🙂 - I'm also surprised they don't offer a single origin or specialty blend drip (for $) at the coffee bars.  I remember a guest asking for a Red Eye and the Barista arguing with him (argue is a strong word... but it was an odd conversation) that they make a red eye with Cappucino and water.  That's of course not a red eye. haha. I guess he could get the coffee from the buffet and make it himself... deconstructed red eye! haha

I’ve noticed they do have pour over on the menu now.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, jon81uk said:

I’ve noticed they do have pour over on the menu now.

I really enjoy the pour overs compared to the free coffee in the Galley. On Valiant Lady in June, they only had one type of bean for Pour Overs…Ethiopian. It was good but a choice would have been stellar. Was expecting a coffee filter over a cup for the pour. Took this video for the next time it was mentioned. Guess VV plans to sell a lot of them. Is this cool or what?

Edited by Cloud9 Bob
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Bill Miller said:

I'm still pretty upset they made me get off at the end of my cruise.

My wife would agree with you there.  She didn't want to leave...but then we flew to New Zealand to travel around there and she got over it.

• Haha 1