Sun Princess back to back

pops43

We have booked two cruises for this Nov 2024 , first a 7 day Caribbean cruise on Sun Princess followed by a 12day Panama Canal cruise on Emerald Princess ( with a one day layover in between in Ft Lauderdale).  When we loaded the first cruise on the Medallion App it shows the full 19 days on Sun Princess but with our Emerald cabin number and the Emerald dining options. It won’t let us load the second cruise. Several calls to Princess have not resolved the issue. Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes - I'm a TA and am currently dealing with this exact issue for a client that has "side-to-side" bookings. The app has lumped them together as one long booking on the same ship (which is incorrect). I have spoken to Princess folks, too, with no resolution. I supposedly have a ticket in - I will keep you posted. It's the most frustrating app ever!

Yes, others have had a similar issue.

This is not a b2b, as it is 2 different ships.  It’s a s2s (side to side).  
The only one that can correct it, is the IT dept.

If you go online to the website, the cruise personalizer should show correctly.

Use the website version of the App. and should be able to do a lot of the checkin processes.

If you have a CVP or TA, reach out to them to get the App corrected, as they may be able to get through to IT.

Otherwise, call PCL and ask for ocean Ready or IT to make a ticket to get it corrected on the App.

Did you log into the app with a user name and password, or your booking #?  For some reason my app seems to work best when I log in with my booking #.  Maybe give it a try if you haven't already.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, pops43 said:

We tried it both ways, that was one of the suggestions from the Princess personnel. Thank you. 

When you check your cruise personalizer online - does it show two separate cruises?

If so, just use the web based version at the Cruise Personalizer to make dinner reservations or any bookings for your two separate sailings etc. the web version has all the options anyways such as Ultimate Balcony meals, buying any booze or flowers or whatever in advance...

Once aboard - if the app doesn't basically self correct to your correct voyage - see the Ocean Rest people and they'll sort you out..

Edited by reedprincess

10 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

When you check your cruise personalizer online - does it show two separate cruises?

If so, just use the web based version at the Cruise Personalizer to make dinner reservations or any bookings for your two separate sailings etc. the web version has all the options anyways such as Ultimate Balcony meals, buying any booze or flowers or whatever in advance...

Once aboard - if the app doesn't basically self correct to your correct voyage - see the Ocean Rest people and they'll sort you out..

Not sure if OP has the same as my clients but the personalizer shows two separate bookings with two separate booking numbers, which is correct. When you select check in and "use the web version" it takes you to the web version of the app, which has them joined as one. So neither the app, nor the web version will allow you to do anything independently on the bookings. For my clients, the issue is the medallion - they want the medallion for the first segment shipped to their home but would need to pick up the second at the port as they would be on the first sailing when it gets shipped. There is no way to do that currently - either pick up both or have both shipped. It's incredibly frustrating!

Our cruise personalizer is correct with two booking numbers. When we tried using the web version it comes back with an error message’ this booking has already been claimed’ . We got the same message for both booking numbers. We’re going to have the same problem with the medallion shipping. 

• Like 1

We have the same issues with a Panama Canal cruise on the Coral LA to FLL.  Then board the Enchanted one day later in FLL.  Cruise personalizer on the computer shows them correctly as separate cruises.  Princess app on the phone shows as one cruise.   

I'm not going to lose sleep over this one.