Food Republic question

I will be on the Bliss this summer-  I don't eat sushi (hubbie does)---  Are there enough cooked, grilled, items available for a light lunch?  I thought it would be nice on our last day on Alaska cruise--- This ship will just dock at Victoria in the evening for a few hours. I know there used to be a separate lunch menu

which didn't show any hot items- but I think that had been changed to the full regular menu that is served at dinner. If no cooked items are available, then we will just skip this. Thanks for any info- Anita

Most items are cooked. I don't recall there being a Lunch Menu at FR. Today, it is just one menu available for Lunch (sea days) and Dinner. It was open for lunch on the Victoria Day last year. 

image.thumb.png.d4f835a726b6bccd9428864be637ae97.png

image.thumb.png.e866cbec8c1bf6bca6ce7d3d700d1702.png

image.png.42b78dd702cae5f4189cbb9b9561c31f.png

• Thanks 1

@Jetswdo,You really don't need to order sushi to get a nice lunch or dinner.  We like to order the Thai Steak salad or Kimchee Fried Rice which serves as a filling main dish.   Then we add a couple of interesting and tasty items like Pork Belly Bao or potstickers.  Tasty desserts too!

• Like 1

If the above is current FR menu, then it has been scaled back quite a bit.  Always thought it was a large menu but looks like most of the things we normally got are gone.  I mentioned not long ago think FR days are numbered.

57 minutes ago, dexddd said:

If the above is current FR menu, then it has been scaled back quite a bit.  Always thought it was a large menu but looks like most of the things we normally got are gone.  I mentioned not long ago think FR days are numbered.

The menus for all the restaurants have been cut back with the latest menus. It isn’t specifically a FR thing.

This was the menu aboard the Viva last week. It was very similar to the menu I saw aboard the Prima during the Inaugural cruise in 2022. Had one person in our party who didn't eat seafood/raw food and still have plenty of options. Actually ended up going there twice. 

PXL_20240530_084043552.MP.jpg

16 hours ago, ray985 said:

This was the menu aboard the Viva last week. It was very similar to the menu I saw aboard the Prima during the Inaugural cruise in 2022. Had one person in our party who didn't eat seafood/raw food and still have plenty of options. Actually ended up going there twice. 

PXL_20240530_084043552.MP.jpg

They are still using the older menu on the Viva by the looks of it. The new menus are being rolled out so don’t expect that much choice to be available next time.

On 6/18/2024 at 7:21 AM, dexddd said:

I wonder if you will be proved right about FR's days being numbered, at least on ships with an Indulge food hall.  The concepts and experiences are similar.  Since Indulge is complimentary I wonder if people will continue to see value in FR, especially when you compare the ambiance in FR to the specialty dining venues that feel much more upscale. 

If there is still grilled beef, then I would do it.  I hate Korean spicing on chicken so I wouldn't order that. Again, this would work for a light lunch which would work for us They used t have little hamburgers that were very good from what I was told.  It looks like that was eliminated from the menu.