Princess Plus Package on 21 day Cruise Consisting of 3-7 Day Legs

We made a single booking of a 21 day Sun Princess r/t Barcelona cruise that consists of 3 - 7 day legs with the Plus Package that includes 2 Casual Meals. Has anyone sailed with a single booking of a 14 day 2 - 7 day legs or like my 21 day with the Plus Package and were only allowed 2 Casual Meals for the entire cruise or 2 per leg?  Thanks for any info. 

One of the reasons I always book longer cruises as b2b is to get the extra causal meals. Only 2 per booking no matter how else cruise can be divided.  That is my experience. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, AZaTaz said:

One of the reasons I always book longer cruises as b2b is to get the extra causal meals. Only 2 per booking no matter how else cruise can be divided.  That is my experience. 

I compared the price of booking 21 days or 3 separate 7 days and the 21 days was a much better price since we booked an Owners Suite. I could purchase a "casual meal" everyday with money left over for the difference in price plus we get to take excursions on the "turn around" days.  

• Like 1

mine usually work out to be close to same or cheaper and then with the on board stock credit and MOBC it is better doing b2b. Not sure what you mean by the excursions on turn around day but they are always available to us. 

12 hours ago, AZaTaz said:

mine usually work out to be close to same or cheaper and then with the on board stock credit and MOBC it is better doing b2b. Not sure what you mean by the excursions on turn around day but they are always available to us. 

When I look at excursions on the turn around days they state "This tour is not available to passengers beginning or ending their voyage" so I thought that a B2B passenger wouldn't be able to take the ship tour since you have to go through the B2B process. So you're able to book a ship tour on the B2B day? I never wanted to lose the turnaround day tours.  When I've sailed on RCCL & Celebrity B2B cruises we aren't offered any tours on turn around days. 

Just returned on Sun from two week Barcelona to Athens.  We each had two casual meals for the entire two week period, not two per week.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

When I look at excursions on the turn around days they state "This tour is not available to passengers beginning or ending their voyage" so I thought that a B2B passenger wouldn't be able to take the ship tour since you have to go through the B2B process. So you're able to book a ship tour on the B2B day? I never wanted to lose the turnaround day tours.  When I've sailed on RCCL & Celebrity B2B cruises we aren't offered any tours on turn around days. 

If they offer an excursion on a turnaround day, it is available to all passengers staying on the ship. It doesn't matter whether you have booked a single cruise or a B2B. If the excursion is not available because of disembarkation and embarkation, then it will not be available to anyone. How you booked will not affect excursion availability.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

If they offer an excursion on a turnaround day, it is available to all passengers staying on the ship.

Thanks for the info.  I won't hesitate to book B2B now if the price is better than the single booking. 

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, js10 said:

Just returned on Sun from two week Barcelona to Athens.  We each had two casual meals for the entire two week period, not two per week.

Thanks - I will now only expect 2 casual meals. It's funny that my booking reflects that we get 3 free specialty restaurants since we're in an Owners Suite (1 per leg) and I know we get 6 mini bar set ups (3 for suites & 3 for Elite status).  Princess treats Suite and Captain's Circle perks per leg, but the Plus package is per single booking.

Edited by shirazcruiser

2 hours ago, shirazcruiser said:

Special Notes:

This tour does not include the Colosseum inside visit. This tour is not available to passengers beginning or ending their voyage in Civitavecchia (Rome).

this is the wording of one of the excursions I am taking. This is a “turn around” day on one of my b2b later this year. If you are a b2b although you have different booking numbers your voyage is not beginning or ending that day. Clear as mud, right 

• Haha 1

The perks for plus/premier are supposed to be per booking. So 2 casual for the entire journey. However it is possible that there is an IT glitch and you get it per leg but don't count on it.

I book as B2B instead of 1 longer journey to make sure I get the perks for each leg. Especially with premier and the 2 specialty dining restaurants. 

As for excursions on turnaround day it doesn't matter how you book the process is the same weather it is one longer cruise or a b2b cruise. You have same excursion opportunities and have to go through same immigration process (which varies depending on the port).

As for mini bar setup it isn't listed as a suite perk. You will get it for your elite status though and the perks aren't typically combinable so it would only be one anyways. You are supposed to only get one for the booking however they typically provide as one per leg even if booked as a single booking. 

We are always able to book two specialty restaurants per each leg of a B2B when we get the premier package, so not sure why you wouldn’t be able to get two casual dining per each leg with the Plus package.  It just makes no sense.  
Talk to the restaurant manager if they try to charge you.  I’m sure they will arrive at an equitable solution.  My guess is you won’t have to go that route, though.  I think it is just included for each separate leg of the cruise.  

2 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

We are always able to book two specialty restaurants per each leg of a B2B when we get the premier package, so not sure why you wouldn’t be able to get two casual dining per each leg with the Plus package.  It just makes no sense.  
Talk to the restaurant manager if they try to charge you.  I’m sure they will arrive at an equitable solution.  My guess is you won’t have to go that route, though.  I think it is just included for each separate leg of the cruise.  

They booked as a single cruise not b2b. So only one booking number so only 2 casual dinings for 21 days  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AZaTaz said:

They booked as a single cruise not b2b. So only one booking number so only 2 casual dinings for 21 days  

My mistake .. I just reread the OP’s comment.  I believe you are right.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cruise Raider said:

My mistake .. I just reread the OP’s comment.  I believe you are right.  

Happens to me all the time, by the time I get to end of thread forgot what OP said. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AZaTaz said:

Happens to me all the time, by the time I get to end of thread forgot what OP said. 

I’m laughing as that is exactly what I did.  Glad I’m not alone in this .. 😆 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, joeyjeremiah said:

As for mini bar setup it isn't listed as a suite perk. You will get it for your elite status though and the perks aren't typically combinable so it would only be one anyways. You are supposed to only get one for the booking however they typically provide as one per leg even if booked as a single booking. 

A complimentary mini-bar setup is listed as a suite perk on the Princess website. Click on "On Board Our Ships", then "Ships". Click on the name of any ship under "The Princess Fleet" - it doesn't matter which one. Scroll down to "Accommodations" and click on "SUITE". Click on "SHOW STATEROOM FETURES". It lists "One complimentary mini-bar and free daily bottled water".

I understand you probably clicked on "Lean more about the Suite experience". That page does not list the complimentary mini-bar setup as a suite perk. I know everyone will find it difficult to understand that information on two different pages on the Princess website is not consistent.😉

I have traveled several times in a suite - the most recent time being last October. I have always received two complimentary mini-bar setups (one for suite and one for Elite). Sometimes only one setup is in the suite when we board and I have to call room service to request the other one.

• Like 3

We also take in to consideration, the OBC if booked as a single cruise and the OBC if booked B2B or B2B2B.   We were interested in a 53 day Los Angeles to Buenos Aires for next year.  Our OBC when booked as a single cruise was $1550.00 for the 53 days.  When booked as a B2B2B the OBC was $1550.00 per leg or $4650.00.  The fare difference was about $700.00 more as a B2B2B but the OBC was $3100.00 more for the 53 days.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, NWA395 said:

We also take in to consideration, the OBC if booked as a single cruise and the OBC if booked B2B or B2B2B.   We were interested in a 53 day Los Angeles to Buenos Aires for next year.  Our OBC when booked as a single cruise was $1550.00 for the 53 days.  When booked as a B2B2B the OBC was $1550.00 per leg or $4650.00.  The fare difference was about $700.00 more as a B2B2B but the OBC was $3100.00 more for the 53 days.

Wow….How do you get that much onboard credit?  

Posted (edited)
On 6/17/2024 at 6:40 PM, shirazcruiser said:

We made a single booking of a 21 day Sun Princess r/t Barcelona cruise that consists of 3 - 7 day legs with the Plus Package that includes 2 Casual Meals. Has anyone sailed with a single booking of a 14 day 2 - 7 day legs or like my 21 day with the Plus Package and were only allowed 2 Casual Meals for the entire cruise or 2 per leg?  Thanks for any info. 

yes, 2 the entire cruise.

Edited by suzyed
  • Thanks 1