Hotel in Santiago Chile

Downunder55

You are very welcome.

Looks like of the four listed only one is for Santiago.

If this is your first visit, getting from Santiago to Valparaiso is about a 90 minute drive.  A portion of the drive is very scenic when you go through the wine country.  

Keith

5 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

You are very welcome.

Looks like of the four listed only one is for Santiago.

If this is your first visit, getting from Santiago to Valparaiso is about a 90 minute drive.  A portion of the drive is very scenic when you go through the wine country.  

Keith

Not my first visit there but do you know if Crystal offers a transfer from Valparaiso to Santiago airport?

Ivi

56 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Not my first visit there but do you know if Crystal offers a transfer from Valparaiso to Santiago airport?

Ivi

Ivi, I am not sure. We were on several cruises ending there but always continued on.  My guess is yes but best to check with Crystal.

Keith

• Thanks 1

The Mandarin Oriental is a good hotel used to be the Grand Hyatt. 

Ivi @travelberlin if you need transport checkout Welcome Pickups.  They do a meet and greet and you communicate with the driver using WhatsApp. 

1 hour ago, PaulMCO said:

Ivi @travelberlin if you need transport checkout Welcome Pickups.  They do a meet and greet and you communicate with the driver using WhatsApp. 

Thank you. I use Welcome Pickups. I have booked with them 2 transfers for my next trip in a couple of days. One from the airport to my hotel and another from the hotel to the port. They are Ok but for my transfer from the Airport to my hotel, they changed the driver and never told me. Fortunately I had written today the driver to confirm the pickup point and then after chatting for a while via WhatsApp, we both realized that he was not assigned to me. I have got the name and contact of the new driver. Lesson learned. It is good to check in advance. It would have been quite stressful at the airport. I will check with them for Chile also.

Ivi

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

I thought that might be the case.

We stayed at the Grand Hyatt Santiago and I tried looking it up and couldn't fine it.  We enjoyed the location and the hotel. 

Keith

We stayed at the Mandarin Santiago last March, beautiful large hotel with one of the coldest hotel pools I have ever been in😅 It is located in a pretty busy modern city area of Santiago.

IMG_7775.JPG

IMG_7776.JPG

• Like 1

We stayed at the Hotel Plaza San Francisco in 2019 before our Symphony cruise to Easter Island and Tahiti.  Very nice room, very good breakfast, and very fair prices.

2 hours ago, UCCruiser said:

We stayed at the Hotel Plaza San Francisco in 2019 before our Symphony cruise to Easter Island and Tahiti.  Very nice room, very good breakfast, and very fair prices.

I stayed in that hotel before the same cruise in 2019!  I liked the old school style.  I then stayed a couple of days in Vina del Mar before boarding Symphony in Valparaiso.  It's also a very interesting and pretty area to stay.

~Nancy

Crystal does offer airport transfer for departing/arriving guests to/from Valparaiso. 
Grand Hyatt ( now apparently Mandarin) has been Crystal hotel in Santiago for some years. Nothing special. 

We stayed at the Ritz Carlton, thanks to Marriott points:-), and had a really good experience there. The lounge had several different offers of food that changed throughout the day and the Concierge was very helpful, arranging a tour of nearby vineyards, etc.,  with another CC couple we met there. Also gave us a good restaurant recommendation, not too far away. There are plenty of things to do and see and we spent at least 3 or 4 days in advance of boarding. However, it has been quite a few years and I can’t speak to the current status of the hotel, but think it is worthy of consideration. Great memories of that trip and hope your 2025 trip will be super!