Princess Plus Package issue

aus1235

6 minutes ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

It's fun to play detective on the internet - but I'm usually wrong 🧐

It’s appreciated!  I have to leave my bubble sometimes and realize there are other countries involved.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I believe OP is on Royal Princess October 2024,round trip from Australia on a 13 day S. Pacific itinerary.
So hopefully he got the correct information that he was seeking for the plus package? But maybe he just wanted the plus drink package?

I know Princess doesn’t make their package names user friendly,too many of the same/ similar names for different products.

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

I believe OP is on Royal Princess October 2024,round trip from Australia on a 13 day S. Pacific itinerary.
So hopefully he got the correct information that he was seeking for the plus package? But maybe he just wanted the plus drink package?

I know Princess doesn’t make their package names user friendly,too many of the same/ similar names for different products.

It has caused so much confusion when Princess names things without much consideration into how it is interpreted.  
They changed the term PVP (Princess Vacation Planner) to CVP (Cruise Vacation Planner) because they also refer to Princess Vacation Protection as PVP.  It would have been easier to understand if they called the Vacation Protection some type of insurance.  Maybe ‘insurance’ has a negative connotation.  But it gets confusing for passengers.  
I called in to Princess once over a weekend for a simple change and the Princess CS rep didn’t even know what a CVP was.  

They really need to come up with a new term for their fare packages and name it something that denotes that it is all inclusive vs just a plus or premier package, which can mean two different purchases.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

They changed the term PVP (Princess Vacation Planner) to CVP (Cruise Vacation Planner) because they also refer to Princess Vacation Protection as PVP.  It would have been easier to understand if they called the Vacation Protection some type of insurance.  Maybe ‘insurance’ has a negative connotation.  But it gets confusing for passengers.

The reason they do not call Princess Vacation Protection (PVP) insurance is that it is not insurance. It does include some insurance components. If you look at the Product Details, you will see the following:

• Cancellation Fee Waiver (Non-insurance features provided by Princess Cruises)
  • Travel Insurance Benefits (Underwritten by Nationwide)

Since PVP includes some non-insurance features, they cannot call it insurance.

• Like 3