My AMEX card had a new offer, spend $500 on Celebrity and get $100 back…

8 hours ago, Sea Dayze said:

I've read several posts saying that both spouses had the offer on their cards.  Are these separate accounts or is one of the cards for an authorized user?  I found and used the offer on my husband's card, and now it's showing on my (authorized user) card.  I've grabbed the offer, but I'm not sure if I'll get the $100 credit.  I have another card (Chase) that I usually use for travel because it gives 3x points.  I'd rather use that card for pmts on our upcoming cruise if the $100 credit won't work on the 2nd AmEx card.  Hope this makes sense!

Worked for both my wife and I on her blue card, and I'm an authorised user.

Was wondering what might happen with the $100 I already got credited. I booked several things to get to the $500 and one was an excursion. Now the excursion has gone on sale and I wanted to cancel it and rebook it using the same card thus getting a refund and a new charge. What would American Express do. I don't want to lose $100 to save $50 but saving $50 is worth canceling and rebooking.

3 minutes ago, kasowell2 said:

Was wondering what might happen with the $100 I already got credited. I booked several things to get to the $500 and one was an excursion. Now the excursion has gone on sale and I wanted to cancel it and rebook it using the same card thus getting a refund and a new charge. What would American Express do. I don't want to lose $100 to save $50 but saving $50 is worth canceling and rebooking.

They might claw it back, they might not.  It's ymmv.

On 7/2/2024 at 3:03 PM, Sea Dayze said:

I've read several posts saying that both spouses had the offer on their cards.  Are these separate accounts or is one of the cards for an authorized user?  I found and used the offer on my husband's card, and now it's showing on my (authorized user) card.  I've grabbed the offer, but I'm not sure if I'll get the $100 credit.  I have another card (Chase) that I usually use for travel because it gives 3x points.  I'd rather use that card for pmts on our upcoming cruise if the $100 credit won't work on the 2nd AmEx card.  Hope this makes sense!

1 hour ago, Happy Rogue said:

They might claw it back, they might not.  It's ymmv.

It will 100% work with both cards. It will not get clawed back. It is not ymmv.

Pay $500 with your card, pay $500 with your husband's card, pay any remaining balance with your Chase card.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RichYak said:

It will 100% work with both cards. It will not get clawed back. It is not ymmv.

Pay $500 with your card, pay $500 with your husband's card, pay any remaining balance with your Chase card.

I think you misread which person I quoted.  If you refund your purchase, Amex absolutely may claw back the credit.

• Like 1

Heads up...just checked & suddenly my travel offers are only 4...boo.

So I pulled all up.

Wyndham & Waldorf Astoria are there but do NOT show up under "travel"!!!

SO...now be sure to look at ALL every day...and dump some onto your card so you see more!

• Thanks 1